JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
After about a month of research, reading, scouring the web... I decided to get my new AR-15 through SAA in Tacoma/Lakewood. Visited the store in Tacoma. Pretty good selection.. shelves are full. Really good selection of ammo. Prices, for supplies and accessories, are not too bad. Higher, however, than the online prices, on the SAA web site. I knew that the retail store and the web store were not the same business. I had hoped, however, that the retail store would have a selection of SAA firearms. I was a bit disappointed. They had several rifles, just not from SAA. I did pickup an SAA complete lower. That, at least, was available, and the price was comparable to the web store price. But, the retail store had very little in the way of SAA uppers. I did see maybe 4-5 in the store, but not what I was looking for. Went home and ordered the upper on the web site. That was yesterday; 7/20. I'll let y'all know how the order goes.
Meanwhile, the lower looks pretty good. All parts in good shape. All looks brand new. Good, smooth finish. Trigger feels pretty good, but won't really know until I actually shoot it. Updates to come.

Update: 7/21 - Received email that my order is now in status of Shipped. So, that's roughly 24 hours from order to shipping dept. That doesn't mean the order is actually out the door and on the brown truck. But, getting change of status messages is encouraging.

Update 7/22 - Its on the truck, and will be delivered today! It only had to go 8 miles from company to my door. Still.. I'm pumped!

Update 7/22 10:15am - Truck drops off package. Less than 48 hrs. from order to delivery. Again, it didn't have to go far, but I'm quite happy that it got out of the shipping dept. so quickly.

Last Edited:
I got a stripped upper and a BCG . The parts came in a reasonable amount of time and were packaged pretty good. I've ordered small parts from them since and had no problems.

Made the first trip to the range. First, the rifle functioned flawlessly. No FTanything. Setup the target at 25 yards. Centered the MagPul MBUS sights, adjusted the Tapco stock to comfort, locked in a MagPul magazine. Was not comfortable using my normal headphone type ear protection. Could not get a good cheek weld and get behind the sights well. Changed to ear plugs. Better. First round down range. Smack in the center left-to-right. About 1 1/2in. low. Fired 9 more rounds. All of 'em in a 1 1/2 in circle. Moved the target out to 50 yards. I could still see the 3in target circle pretty well. 10 more rounds down range. All in a nice ground circle of about 2 1/2in. Centered right in the middle. Moved out to 100 yards. Hard to see that 3in. target paster. Not much more than a tiny orange speck. 10 more rounds. A bit above center. shot group measured 3.75in. I think that is darn good for my old eyes. I'm happy.

Finished up mounting a scope. Decided to use a Redfield Revolution 2X7 that I already have. Just needed mounts. Went with the Warne QD design. Easy on - easy off. Had to get the highest set they have to clear the Magpul MBUS sights. I was not sure how the high mount would feel, but so far, it feels good. We'll see tomorrow, at the range. So, I now have completed the whole package. Rifle, scope, reloading tools, case and other accessories.

Shot the rifle with the scope mounted. Rounds included a few reloads that I'll be testing for accuracy. First round at 25 yards was on the paper... barely. Took several tweaks on the turrets to get near center. Moved out to 50 yards. Pretty close, but still more tweaks. Moved out to 100 yards. Still more tweaks. Got it centered left-right, but still a little low. Close enough. Shot the reloads. Groups tightened up compared to the factory stuff. One three-round group at .810 in. Very happy with the accuracy.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top