JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
tnI0c.jpg

Upper, Bolt, & Carrier: LAR Grizzly Ops-4 Ambidextrous Side Charger
Barrel: BCM 18" SPR medium/heavy profile in 410 stainless
Muzzle Device: Rainer Arms XD Flash Hider
Scope Mount: Burris P.E.P.R.
Scope: Tasco 3-9x40mm*
Trigger: Geissele SSA
Grip: LaRue A-PEG
A2 Stock Kit: Rock River*
Rails: Midwest Industries T-15 free float

I only got in firearms and the outdoors a few years ago and have been fairly haphazard about my marksmanship training.

My first Evil Black Rifle plan was to build an FAL, and I even got so far as to get most of my parts purchased. At the end of the day, however, I decided that I personally would benefit the most from a firearm that had a high degree of accuracy potential to learn with. As much as I'm enamored by it, the FAL isn't such a gun.

So, I built this AR with marksmanship and precision shooting in mind (ergo the lack of BUIS and a QD scope mount).

I hit the wall on my budget and so am forced to put a cheapo Tasco 3-9 I had laying around on top. I'm pretty embarrassed by that, but it will have to do for the time being. At my skill level and at just a hundred yards, I don't think it will prove to be too big of a hindrance.

While a Harris bipod and rear bag are my very next purchases (when payday hits this week), I'll be looking into 4-12x40 optics to upgrade with sometime in the next three months.

My next step is taking it to an Appleseed. My long-term goal is learning to shoot this out to 600 meters.

I've run 150 rounds through it so far without a hiccup. Sighting it in, I used 75gr Black Hills blue box reloads, and was eventually able to get down to around 2.25 MOA. For a complete amateur like myself, I was very pleased at this. I'm certain it's capable of much more, and we'll find out as I learn.

My only gripe right now is that the RRA stock has between 1/16th and 1/8th of an inch of play up and down the buffer tube (and A2 spacer). The screw is in as far as it will go, but it seems as though it is too long, as the screw stays stationary while you can wiggle the stock back and forth. If any of you guys have some ideas, I'm all ears.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top