JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

That thing is a beast!

Since this thread started, and got me thinking, I have upped my game.

I build a tear away IFAK using the CTS STOMP pouch with CAT, chest seals, QC, etc for my "battle belt" aka range rig.

I bought 2x of the NAR special vacumme sealed bags and stashed one in each vehicle with some extra goodies.

I revisited my personal backpacking/backpack/work/EDC kit, and added some stuff, and removed some scrappy stuff.

I refreshed myself on how to use the CAT and showed the wife.

I placed a $60 order on LAPG for some better Israeli bandages, shears, and burn dressing/cravats.

I like to keep my IFAKs in good dry bags to keep them dry and sterile since it rains all the time here! The STOMP pouch is the only exception.

Last Edited:
That thing is a beast! Thanks......I think! I'm not sure how it should be set up, but at least I have some stuff :D

I build a tear away IFAK using the CTS STOMP pouch with CAT, chest seals, QC, etc for my "battle belt" aka range rig.

I bought 2x of the NAR special vacumme sealed bags and stashed one in each vehicle with some extra goodies.

I revisited my personal backpacking/backpack/work/EDC kit, and added some stuff, and removed some scrappy stuff.

I placed a $60 order on LAPG for some better Israeli bandages, shears, and burn dressing/cravats.

I like to keep my IFAKs in good dry bags to keep them dry and sterile since it rains all the time here! The STOMP pouch is the only exception.
Lets see your set up if you have time. I think if I see others kits it will help me rethink and optimize mine.

Lets see your set up if you have time. I think if I see others kits it will help me rethink and optimize mine.

Lol yes it was a compliment. Most kits are way understocked IMO. Especially the silly store bought things!

Once I get my stuff in a few days I will organize everything and make a good post or reply! Its all kinda jammed away right now.

When I took WFA, the instructor (EMT and member of my SAR team) suggested breaking up our kits into two separate easily accessible kits. Trauma, which included a North American Rescue CAT (the knock offs break), Quickclot, IDF bandage, chest seal, gloves, tape, big bandages, scissors, and CPR mask, and then the regular FAK for everything else, benadryl, aspirin, bandaids, etc.

When I took WFA, the instructor (EMT and member of my SAR team) suggested breaking up our kits into two separate easily accessible kits. Trauma, which included a North American Rescue CAT (the knock offs break), Quickclot, IDF bandage, chest seal, gloves, tape, big bandages, scissors, and CPR mask, and then the regular FAK for everything else, benadryl, aspirin, bandaids, etc.

I agree. I think this is the correct approach. I only have 1 home "first aid" kit, and 1 EDCish/backpacking "first aid" kit, and the rest are trauma kits. I think one of the recent small trauma kits is going to start coming allong attached to my pack or belt to supplement the IFAK mixed in with my first aid kit in my pack.

I am slowly realizing the same thing I learned with guns. First aid supplies are not talismans! They don't do any good unless they are close at hand, fast, and you are trained with them. Keeping them buried away somewhere is kind of useless.

What I would really like to build is a belt mounted kit, probably clip-on, the size of a ar15-20rd mag.

Probably containing:

vac-sealed CAT TQ
Small quick clot cauze
Israeli bandage or olaes bandage
Gorilla tape around old credit card
Gloves

Medical shears on the outside to open everything up.

Plan A is to see if I can get it to fit in an existing kydex mag pouch, or make my own with a sheath kit I just bought.

I think I will omit the chest seal since they have a large foot print, and I will have some close at hand in vehicle or pack.

Last Edited:
;)
That thing is a beast!

Dry bags are a must in the PNW.
I made a nice first aid kit for hunting, went out for elk and when I got back home my first aid kit was soaked, had to throw most of it out.

I'm making a few go kits for each vehicle and the hunting pack, focusing mainly on the major trauma.
IDF bandage, tourniquet, clotting sponges, gauze pads, duct tape, and a couple minor things, bandaids, self adhesvie tape, small bottle of antiseptic, etc.

I'm not so concerned with cuts and bruisies.
But if I'm out hunting and some azzhat shoots me or my hunting partner, car accidents, mass shootings.
Just enough to hopefully keep someone alive until we get to a hospital

small bottle of antiseptic, etc.
I am curious what you find for an antiseptic bottke. My limited knowledge it that you need pressure to irrigate the wound. This can be accomplished by a irrigation syringe, or a squeeze bottle type thing.

I bought some nalgeen drip bottles, but they don't work for getting enough pressure.

This is true and for a major wound I wouldn't worry about it, get them to the hospital and between clean out and meds the person should be fine....maybe.

I keep it for cuts and scraps that won't require a trip to the hospital and prevent infection.

However, I'm no doctor and have never played one on TV and may be full of crap.

This is true and for a major wound I wouldn't worry about it, get them to the hospital and between clean out and meds the person should be fine....maybe.

I keep it for cuts and scraps that won't require a trip to the hospital and prevent infection.

However, I'm no doctor and have never played one on TV and may be full of crap.

Oops, replied before your edit. Thanks!

For most wounds, I wouldn't worry too much about antiseptics. If it's superficial, I would probably just use neosporin or a similar triple antibiotic ointment. The most important this is keeping the wound clean. You can always stock some silver impregnated gauze to cover with.

For most wounds, I wouldn't worry too much about antiseptics. If it's superficial, I would probably just use neosporin or a similar triple antibiotic ointment. The most important this is keeping the wound clean. You can always stock some silver impregnated gauze to cover with.

The way I see it, infection is one of the biggest risks when in the field for extended periods. I agree Neosporin is enough on a clean wound, but you need something to get it clean in the first place.

The way I see it, infection is one of the biggest risks when in the field for extended periods. I agree Neosporin is enough on a clean wound, but you need something to get it clean in the first place.

The pink saline squeezes I linked are very helpful in getting wounds clean. They are sterile and come in individual capsules ranging in 5-20cc sizes. That's what I usually use to clean out wounds in the hospital. Have been used on me also for my far too many ER visits. :D

The pink saline squeezes I linked are very helpful in getting wounds clean. They are sterile and come in individual capsules ranging in 5-20cc sizes. That's what I usually use to clean out wounds in the hospital. Have been used on me also for my far too many ER visits. :D

I didn't realize you were the same person who linked the squeeze bottles. So I thought you were disagreeing with that guy (yourself)

I agree saline is sufficient.

I need more coffee!

Bumping this instead of posting a new thread.
I want buy a assembled (or mostly done) kit in a chest rig, or that pairs well with a chest rig and is somewhat lightweight.
I have been looking at something like these. I have the needed basic supplies, but simple trauma care is lacking.
Tactical Trauma Kit #1 | FA142 made by Elite First Aid | CPR Savers and First Aid Supply
Rapid Response Bag | FA143 made by Elite First Aid | CPR Savers and First Aid Supply
and adding a better Tourniquet.
I can adapt them to a chest bag if I can find one that I like.
What other suggestions do you have that is mostly ready out of the box?
I don't mind spending more money than that. But most of the more extensive kits seem to have a lot of repeat supplies, that that it's a bad thing.

Although this is very expensive, I bought the bag and bought the supplies elsewhere to create the advanced kit. I also added a few more items and extras above what the have listed. This one is in the car:

MyFAK | First Aid Kit

I then bought the advanced supplies list as well as extras and additions for this kit. The bag can be ordered from voodoo tactical. This is for the home:

The Medic First Aid Kit | Ultimate Trauma First Aid Kit | MyMedic

Although this is very expensive, I bought the bag and bought the supplies elsewhere to create the advanced kit. I also added a few more items and extras above what the have listed. This one is in the car:

MyFAK | First Aid Kit

I then bought the advanced supplies list as well as extras and additions for this kit. The bag can be ordered from voodoo tactical. This is for the home:

The Medic First Aid Kit | Ultimate Trauma First Aid Kit | MyMedic

Does all the "advanced" stuff for in the same bag?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top