JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As a combat medic (properly, a Navy Field Medical Service Technician) I get a few questions about first aid gear and techniques. While I have thankfully never had to use my lifesaving skills in combat or civil settings I am confident in my knowledge and love sharing it with all who care to learn. A few weeks back my buddy Andrew (an ex Navy Doc himself) approached me for feedback on a "first aid gear for the range" article he was doing for DownRange.tv and OutdoorChannel.com. Andrew is in incredibly intelligent guy when it comes to modern weaponry and first aid so I didn't really find anything particular to add/edit in the draft he sent me. Below are links to his piece on DownRange.tv and his blog page regarding all things firearms. If you happen to read the article and learn something from it please visit his blog and let him know it was worth the read. If there's a demand for it I may put some time behind more medical and first aid posts here on the forums. ENJOY!

DownRange.tv Piece:
First Aid Gear For The Range Bag | Down Range TV

Andrew's Blog about the piece:
Preparing for Medical Emergencies « Vuurwapen Blog

Andrew's Latest Blog Posts:
Vuurwapen Blog

About Andrew's Blog:
I'm not as into firearms as he is so I haven't read all of his articles or watched all of his videos, but the few I have watched have taught me a thing or two. He loves to cover the more modern day weapons such as AR15s and semi auto pistols but he also does pieces on bolt actions, ammunition types/manufacturers, tactical shooting, knives, range gear, and pretty much EVERYTHING else firearm related. He is probably the most knowledgeable reviewer/blogger I have seen and he IS the most objective I have seen, he says it as he sees it.

I see that there is a LARGE group of SHTF preppers on here so I will be doing a SHTF medical post. I'm sure that there are a few out there but I figure I might come across something someone has missed. Stay tuned for that in the future.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top