Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

firing range with rentals

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Glock23gp, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Glock23gp

Glock23gp Newport / Salem Active Member

Anyone know of any firing ranges with handgun rentals within an hour drive of salem? I remember shooting as a kid at a range in pdx near the greyhound track but believe its closed as is the range in Salem on Silverton rd. I want to get my hands on some sub compacts to decide which i like best.

Thanx in advance

Not sure if this is the right category for this. Sorry if its not

2. Nutty4Guns

Nutty4Guns Portland ADHD Superstar

Try "The Baron's Den" in Springfield or "The Place to Shoot" north Portland, or "Clackamas Public Safety Training Center" in Clackamas.

3. Glock23gp

Thanx. I think place to shoot is where i used to go but thought it had closed

4. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

The Place To Shoot is still open, though I would recommend the Clackamas Public Safety Training Center as it's closer and cheaper. If you do go there, be aware you need to bring a handgun with you in order to rent one (I've heard to prevent suicides).

5. lazerblazer

lazerblazer Portland Active Member

A place to shoot is very much open!

Sent from my M860 using Tapatalk 2

Burt Gummer and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

7. Vantage

Vantage Pacific Standard Time Active Member

Baron's Den is cool. I live in the Salem area and that's where I go to rent and have bought a couple guns from them.

8. Glock23gp

Cool thx. That is a lot closer from the coast than a solid 2.5 hrs to p town

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

9. EMP9596

EMP9596 Two Trees West of Camas, WA. Active Member

10. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Actually, you have to bring in your own gun to shoot there whether you are solo or with someone else. It doesn't matter if are renting a gun or not. I think that is their way to tell if a person can own a gun? It is a really nice facility with a large selection of rental guns. Be prepared to buy their ammo to shoot there.

A Place to Shoot won't rent to solo people, but solo people with their own gun can shoot there.

11. EMP9596

EMP9596 Two Trees West of Camas, WA. Active Member

TRUE! I have questioned range owners on this. The standard answer is that it is a policy because of the instance of suicides committed with range guns.