JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The standard fireworks sold here in Vancouver, at any fireworks stand, are roman candles, bottle rockets, and mortars...all stuff that flies and explodes. Nothing illegal about them...just ask my neighbor, he's a Clark County Deputy Sheriff.

However, to get the kicka$$ fireworks you have to go to the res...M80s, Cherry Bombs...the big, big bang stuff.

You have seen bottle rockets at Vancouver fireworks stands???? Interesting..........................Firecracker too?????? Wow.............

BTW, there is no more flash composite in a M80 at fireworks stands than a standard sized firecracker. Cherry bombs were banned by the CPSC in the late sixties along with any m80 or m-whatever - Selling a real m80 (flash composite is considered a "high explosive") with more than a tiny amount of flash composite is a violation of federal explosives law and as noted in the BATFE Orange Book, a felony.

Nothing illegal about them...just ask my neighbor, he's a Clark County Deputy Sheriff.

"Nothing illegal about them", correct, not illegal for him, but for you and everyone else in Clark County with any form of rocket or firecracker, yes illegal.

Cops are known to gather their fireworks from the confiscation of illegal ones. He wants you to go up north an buy his fireworks for him when he takes them away from you. Smart guy.

I can remember in the early 80s they allowed us to buy firecrackers and bottle rockets for the 4th (I don't know if it was statewide or just in Grays Harbor), and if I remember correctly, noone blew anything off their bodies and the fires went down in the county. The following year they banned them again and of course people were blowing hands and fingers off trying to alter the "safe and sane" ones, or setting fire to anything that would burn.
Give me the rez firecrackers anytime, and let the safety nannies buy their overpriced safe and sane duds. I'm more worried about kids taping safe and sane sparklers together or pinching whistling petes than kids playing with lady fingers and bottle rockets.

"Nothing illegal about them", correct, not illegal for him, but for you and everyone else in Clark County with any form of rocket or firecracker, yes illegal.

Cops are known to gather their fireworks from the confiscation of illegal ones. He wants you to go up north an buy his fireworks for him when he takes them away from you. Smart guy.

I don't where or how you are saying what is and isn't legal in Washington State or Clark County from your place in Oregon. I do know that certain counties in Washington have different laws concerning sale and use of fireworks. For instance, Island County (Whidbey Island), where I grew up, you have never been able to buy fireworks that launch into the air. As for Clark County, I've been buying and setting off fireworks here for the past 10 years. The only stipulations we have received from Vancouver PD and the Clark County Sheriff's office are time frames for when we can light off fireworks. Those have consisted of mortars, firecrackers, bottle rockets, so forth and so on. So one of two things is going on. 1-the fireworks sold at the stands are completely legal, which they would have to be in order for the owners to have business licenses. Or 2-The PD and Sheriffs office have been looking the other way for longer than I've lived here.

Either way, I've never been given a warning or citation for the type of fireworks I've let off...neither have any been confiscated...Smart Guy.

I don't where or how you are saying what is and isn't legal in Washington State or Clark County from your place in Oregon.

Well, when you hold a Washington State Retailers License for the past 12 years. I'll be sure and tell the fire marshall all your knowledge next time he performs an inspection.

BTW, just because you have never been given a citation does not make it legal. And on a side note, wether you are driving a vehicle or shooting off illegal fireworks (or what ever you are doing), law enforcement has a much bigger incentive to hand out citations for the revenue as all municipalities in our area are looking for all avenues of increased revenues.

Alright, no more negative waves in my Fireworks Thread. This a weekend for celebration! Lets all gather with our family and friends, BBQ, drink beer, light fireworks and enjoy the freedom so many have fought and died for!

200px-Us_declaration_independence.jpg

I can remember in the early 80s they allowed us to buy firecrackers and bottle rockets for the 4th (I don't know if it was statewide or just in Grays Harbor), and if I remember correctly, noone blew anything off their bodies and the fires went down in the county. The following year they banned them again and of course people were blowing hands and fingers off trying to alter the "safe and sane" ones, or setting fire to anything that would burn.
Give me the rez firecrackers anytime, and let the safety nannies buy their overpriced safe and sane duds. I'm more worried about kids taping safe and sane sparklers together or pinching whistling petes than kids playing with lady fingers and bottle rockets.

There was one year, 1981 or 1982, that WA residents statewide could buy rockets and firecrackers. For several years thereafter, you could purchase rockets and firecrackers with an out-of-state license (at Black Jack in Hazel Dell), but that only lasted a few years.

There was one year, 1981 or 1982, that WA residents statewide could buy rockets and firecrackers. For several years thereafter, you could purchase rockets and firecrackers with an out-of-state license (at Black Jack in Hazel Dell), but that only lasted a few years.

Then it was statewide, thanks I wasn't sure on it.
I still think that at the very least they should let the counties and cities decide about what fireworks can be sold if at all. If the people vote to allow any and all then so be it, and if they vote no then oh well I'll go celebrate where others allow it. As long as its the people voting and its not being imposed by a handful of dogooders and 4th haters.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top