JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, it's over for another year! It was pretty quiet for the most part compared to other years near me here in NE PDX. I got to see a good show too. The neighbors two doors over, and Wifey and I usually spend a bunch, don't blow up a bunch of stuff nights before, and shut ourselves off before midnight on the Fourth. I got smart this year, gave the neighbors $50.00 toward THEIR purchase and sat in a chair getting pleasantly loaded watching THEM light the stuff off. Very little clean-up for us this year, just lend a hand with the neighbors a bit.

Midnight is WAY late for us, we're early risers for the most part. I'm really glad I don't live next to those inconsiderate bastages I hear in the distance that are blowing BIG stuff off at 1:00 am and later.

Like Will's saying, I bet them little cowards blowing stuff off well after midnight run back in the house and hide, like little girls, with the lights off!

Mike

At 9:30 I just went to bed and did not wake up til 5:00
I did hear what I thought was 6 rounds out of a pistol last night around 9:30 towards Maywood park. Could have been my imagination but I honestly don't think so. We are hearing more and more shooting around NE Portland lately.

James Ruby

My woman and I looked at each other and talked about the fact that every loud boom and crack from an "illegal" firework was like a little bit of shown freedom and independence.
Each loud blast and bright explosion is to remind us that men long before us died so that we could have our freedom and independence.
Its supposed to sound like a battlefield so that during all the bright lights and beers we'll remember what they fought for.

We need another independence day, we need to get this country back on track. We need our freedom back.

That's really special. As we all know it's pretty hard to do anything that isn't deemed illegal some where.

So aside from the Debbie Downers amongst us, does anyone have recommendations for good places to buy Fireworks in the Vancouver area?

Even, recommendations for the Fireworks that you have bought in the past that were good compared to the duds they seem to cram into those mega-packs.

I'm really just looking for recommendations from people that have real input. I don't care if you don't like fireworks or that you think they are too expensive or whatever irrelevant useless armchair internet drivel you may really want to post. You can post it but it won't be appreciated. ;)

I know its late, but try the Nisqually res, the Chehalis res, and the Shoalwater Res. If you can hold off buying until the day of the 4th, you can get pretty good deals from the dealers trying to get rid of their inventory.
The day after specials aren't bad either!

My woman and I looked at each other and talked about the fact that every loud boom and crack from an "illegal" firework was like a little bit of shown freedom and independence.
Each loud blast and bright explosion is to remind us that men long before us died so that we could have our freedom and independence.
Its supposed to sound like a battlefield so that during all the bright lights and beers we'll remember what they fought for.

We need another independence day, we need to get this country back on track. We need our freedom back.

You know ZA, I'm reading along agreeing you and thinking "No Kidding" to myself.....And then the reality of the situation pops in that waaaay back when the dumb and stupid of our grand society would parish before being able to breed. The problem now, these many generations later is obvious! The very least intelligent, dumbest people continue to breed more like themselves. I'm not sure I really want many people like that around me with high explosives.

I know several vets who have some severe injuries from the sandbox. The large morters late at night seem to be the most disturbing. The "pop" at launch and then the wait for the explosion seem to bother them the most. Getting into the shower with the water going full blast seems to be one of the few ways to escape, but you can't hide there all night.

Don't mean to be a grumpy guss, just want to point out that there is a point where the fireworks late at night can get to a point when your enjoyment has a significant impact on others.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top