JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
With the big day approaching I was thinking of getting some Fireworks.

Two questions:

Where do you get the really good ones - you know what I'm talking about. The ones that make you look like a pro. :cool:

If I don't have time to drive very far, are there any places in the Vancouver, Clark County area that have better pricing than the average road side stands?

Illegal fireworks
It is often difficult to determine which fireworks are legal and which ones are not. If you are going to purchase fireworks, your best bet is to buy them locally from a local dealer that has been inspected and approved by the Clark County Fire Marshal. It is illegal to obtain fireworks by mail order or public transporter.

It is illegal to possess or discharge:
Firecrackers
Salutes
Chasers
Skyrockets
Bottle rockets
M-80s
M-1000s
Homemade devices
Many fireworks prohibited in Washington and Clark County - some of them extremely dangerous - are available in other states and on certain reservations. Although you can purchase Clark County and Washington State "legal" fireworks at these locations you can also purchase fireworks that are illegal to possess or discharge off of the reservation or out of the state.

Washington allows some fireworks that are prohibited in Oregon. It is also illegal to purchase Oregon illegal fireworks in Washington and transport them back to Oregon.

Fines and/or jail time
Fines for illegal possession and use of fireworks can be very steep - up to $1,000 and/or 90 days in jail. Possession of illegal devices is a felony and may also violate state and federal explosive statutes.

Fireworks ordinance - Effective 2010, it is illegal to purchase or use fireworks on July 5.

Be careful.

James Ruby

Illegal fireworks
It is often difficult to determine which fireworks are legal and which ones are not. If you are going to purchase fireworks, your best bet is to buy them locally from a local dealer that has been inspected and approved by the Clark County Fire Marshal. It is illegal to obtain fireworks by mail order or public transporter.

It is illegal to possess or discharge:
Firecrackers
Salutes
Chasers
Skyrockets
Bottle rockets
M-80s
M-1000s
Homemade devices
Many fireworks prohibited in Washington and Clark County - some of them extremely dangerous - are available in other states and on certain reservations. Although you can purchase Clark County and Washington State "legal" fireworks at these locations you can also purchase fireworks that are illegal to possess or discharge off of the reservation or out of the state.

Washington allows some fireworks that are prohibited in Oregon. It is also illegal to purchase Oregon illegal fireworks in Washington and transport them back to Oregon.

Fines and/or jail time
Fines for illegal possession and use of fireworks can be very steep - up to $1,000 and/or 90 days in jail. Possession of illegal devices is a felony and may also violate state and federal explosive statutes.

Fireworks ordinance - Effective 2010, it is illegal to purchase or use fireworks on July 5.

No one actually cares about any of that bubblegum.

That's really special. As we all know it's pretty hard to do anything that isn't deemed illegal some where.

So aside from the Debbie Downers amongst us, does anyone have recommendations for good places to buy Fireworks in the Vancouver area?

Even, recommendations for the Fireworks that you have bought in the past that were good compared to the duds they seem to cram into those mega-packs.

I'm really just looking for recommendations from people that have real input. I don't care if you don't like fireworks or that you think they are too expensive or whatever irrelevant useless armchair internet drivel you may really want to post. You can post it but it won't be appreciated. ;)

Then you are part of the problem with little or no respect for your fellow citizens or the society you live in.

James Ruby

Its nice to know that when the gun banners come for your weapons you will willingly turn them in. I suspect you will also inform them of any other information you may have on other gun owners.:rolleyes:

Its nice to know that when the gun banners come for your weapons you will willingly turn them in. I suspect you will also inform them of any other information you may have on other gun owners.:rolleyes:

You make quite a few assumptions - we are talking actual laws that you are willing to break for a few minutes enjoyment. People needing to work the next day, property that can and some that will probably be destroyed by those like you that think that they can do what ever they like. Yes I would turn you in on fireworks - guns are too valuable to my way of thinking to be even discussed in the same sentence.

The next thing you will be saying that is "the problems created is not your fault" - which i think is like a drunk driver saying that about not being caught - yet.

Since this conversation is about intent to commit illegal activity I question whether this thread should be closed down.

James Ruby

You make quite a few assumptions - we are talking actual laws that you are willing to break for a few minutes enjoyment. People needing to work the next day, property that can and some that will probably be destroyed by those like you that think that they can do what ever they like. Yes I would turn you in on fireworks - guns are too valuable to my way of thinking to be even discussed in the same sentence.

The next thing you will be saying that is "the problems created is not your fault" - which i think is like a drunk driver saying that about not being caught - yet.

Since this conversation is about intent to commit illegal activity I question whether this thread should be closed down.

James Ruby

Actually, this thread is about finding the best fireworks for the money in a geographical location. You are the one that assumed that illegal activity was the intent. I suspect many people think that because you own a gun that you are going to partake in some illegal activity - how does that make you feel?

It is really sad that you don't see the flaw in your logic and the parallels between laws like Fireworks regulation and Firearms regulation. You allow your own views and biases to determine which laws you are prepared to accept with no regard to individual liberty, responsibility and freedom.

It's hypocrites and people of weak logical thought processes that greatly threaten all of our freedoms.

Ultimately, freedom has to be universally applied in all areas of life.

I believe in the rights of the individuals not just those that own a gun or those that think they are above every one else. I believe that everyone has a right to property and that property should not be jeopardized for a good time had by a few at the cost of the rest. I also believe that when one chooses to ignore a law for a good time and covers it in patriotism - those people, they are fooling themselves and gives patriotism a black mark.

It is those that don't ask why a law was created but automatically decide they dont like it so they break it and call it righteous for their own benefit. I swore many years to try and protect this country and its laws. That does not mean I dont question but means that to break that law there must be a valid reason besides I simply dont want to follow it. To just break a law because you choose not to follow it is a display of "screw everyone as long as I get my way".
Very selfish.

You display yourself as being a honorable / patriotic person - I for one dont beleive you if all it takes is a good time to break a law set forth by your fellow citizens.

James Ruby

Back to the original question.......... The Yakima reservation on the Wash side of the river between Hood River and Hwy 97 has always been a good place to go for a drive. Lots of stands and most like to make deals. Responsible use is always fun. If they were legal in Oregon I may have been a satisfied customer for the last 10-15 years

Try Black Jack Fireworks in Vancouver, you can look them up online. Plus there usually are a great number of other dealers open all around them. It is a very busy party like atmosphere with fireworks galore! LOL. There is also a large area with 90 stands on the Chehalis reservation. search IndianFireworks.us hope this helps, Happy 4th of July

Here is the magic answer.....Chehalis Res. off of I-5 near Great Wolf Lodge. Sorry I can't remember the exit number but I go there once a month to buy Grizzly chew for $2.50 can.

These Indians sell the " Good Stuff " Joe Dirte

I don't sell 'em guns or liquor though, case you was wonderin'.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top