JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sigh. My new next door neighbors were setting off fireworks in the court last night and a box of rockets tipped over. My garage door took seven hits. The strikes left two dents in the sheet metal and a half dozen burns to the paint.

It was not intentional but I'm still waiting for them to man up. I'll give them another hour and then go over for a chat. I'll keep it low key; they might be my neighbors for a long time.

i love fireworks

every year, we blow crap up and set things on fire and do millions of dollars of property damage for sake of some ooos and aaahhhs.

makes me smile

Fireworks are bad Mkay...

DSCN1823.jpg

36 mortars and 5 cakes. This is just the share our family is bringing to a neighborhood party.
I doubt we will light off any of the rockets (leftovers from last year), those things get outa control way too easily - even trying to be safe and careful we had a few go *bang* or hit houses while still shooting flames. And this was with a bunch of sober 40+ year olds doing the "launches".

Sent from Samsung Captivate using Tapatalk

i was very tempted to head up to longview this afternoon and see what high-flying explosives i could snatch up.. but, alas, i just don't have time. i don't understand how WA can have such crappy gun laws, OR can have such great gun laws, while WA has killer fireworks laws and OR has freaken terrible fireworks laws.

so, instead, i bought $60 worth of "cracklers" and ground blooms and hope to discover some arcane, sinister way to make them more explosive.

It was not intentional but I'm still waiting for them to man up. I'll give them another hour and then go over for a chat. I'll keep it low key; they might be my neighbors for a long time.[/QUOTE]

Long-term neighbors or not, if they can't man up and admit they screwed your property up, what does it matter if you're nice to them? Who cares if they like you? Once they see they can get one over on you, thats it.....

I set a Motel on fire once, 30 years back, bottle rocket gone awry.

I set a lot of things on fire when I was a kid. When you are poor and can't have fireworks you make do. Wooden matches, people's gas tanks, anything that will make a good show.

Oregon is so weak in the firearms dept there isn't any point to it unless you are entertaining a 4 year old.

i was very tempted to head up to longview this afternoon and see what high-flying explosives i could snatch up.. but, alas, i just don't have time. i don't understand how WA can have such crappy gun laws, OR can have such great gun laws, while WA has killer fireworks laws and OR has freaken terrible fireworks laws.

so, instead, i bought $60 worth of "cracklers" and ground blooms and hope to discover some arcane, sinister way to make them more explosive.

Ground blooms+ sling shot= more fun.

I've heard enough carp go boom that I don't want to hear it again. If I could turn that shisse off I would. Last house I once came home one 4th of July to find all of the fire dept trucks surrounding it, hedge was on fire.

I grew up in Texas. One year my folks loaded us all in the Dodge MaxiVan and we headed down towards Galveston for 4th of July, all the beach stuff, snorkels, masks, beer&pop, and a couple big rolls of bottle rockets Dad got somewhere. These things had a stick about 18" long, and the "rocket" was about the size of 3 D-cell batteries. We drove out on the beach, had a ball all day, and then settled in to roast weenies and burgs and have a campfire in the sweltering gulf coast breeze. As it got dark, we started shooting the rockets off over the gulf, as did everybody else on the beach. It's the best memory I have of 4th of July, watching our own rockets reflect off the ocean, and falling asleep, sunburned, sandy, and mosquito bitten to the sounds of the waves hitting the shore.

Sigh. My new next door neighbors were setting off fireworks in the court last night and a box of rockets tipped over. My garage door took seven hits. The strikes left two dents in the sheet metal and a half dozen burns to the paint.

It was not intentional but I'm still waiting for them to man up. I'll give them another hour and then go over for a chat. I'll keep it low key; they might be my neighbors for a long time.

Ogre, I've found the direct approach the best one. Id try to be nice once, as you said they may be neighbors for a long time, but after that its full blown richardhead time. They are responsible for any damages period. It sucks when people wont man up to their own actions, sometime they just need to be reminded. Good luck.

Well.......I chatted with my new neighbors: nice people. They did not realize that my garage had been hit because the same salvo that struck my garage door also scored several hits on their 2011 Tahoe that they had parked in front of my house. OUCH!

They offered to REPLACE my garage door. Like I said: nice people. I am NOT going to take them up on it. Tonight we will be "blowing up" the neighborhood side by side.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top