Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

FIREMISSION | Take a Stand Now

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by TapRackNGo, Feb 22, 2013.

1. TapRackNGo

TapRackNGo PNW Well-Known Member

Contact your reps here. With just a few clicks your voice will be heard. If you can't even fill out a simple form, you are part of the problem. I would feel better knowing I did all I could possibly do. I would feel better about myself that I didn't just sit around and complain. If you won't do anything now, you sure as hell won't do anything 6 months from now. Don't be part of the problem, Do Something.. Take a Stand Now | Contact Your Legislator

Been to all rallies regardless of work or prior commitments
    Sent multiple emails to FSA elect.
    I have signed my family up with the NRA
    Created 2 pro 2nd amendment websites

What have you done?

Wildcat and (deleted member) like this.
  2. macdougall29

macdougall29 Newberg, Oregon, United States Active Member

Sent mine earlier today after I received the OFF alert. I made sure to personalize my response as well to make sure they understand my point of view (if they even read it) but I have done something!

We ALL need to stand up now and support OUR nation or it will disappear forever...

3. theminutemenrideagain

theminutemenrideagain Tigard Member

I look at everything that is happening and I keep seeing everybody telling me to contact my representative in office and tell them you dont want an AWB to happen as it is and infringement of our rights, But I belive that nobody should have to tell the politicians to uphold OUR constitutional rights because its there job and thats what they where elected for and if they need to be told over and over to protect our rights then I dont belive that there doing there job anyways. I belive that withing the next two years we will be faced with problems of a much larger scale and its going to be a damn mess so in the time being all I can say or think is MOLON LABE, people we are looking at nothing but a lying stealing problem that is only in power because we aknowledge them as the higher ups. the time to stand is here and the only way we are going to see a change for the better is to cut out the problem,and I bet everybody that reads on this site is probably of the same opinion, and if not only time will tell who is correct but keep this in mind.

" History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak of the timid"

-Dwight D Eisenhower-

4. Kable

Kable Lynnwood Active Member

I agree we shouldn't have to but our founding fathers knew tyranny could happen which is why we have the second amendment but we also have the first and it was probably put before the second because they knew you could use the first before having to rely on the second. Since you are visiting this section of the forum it shows you do care a little so why not put forth a fraction more of an effort to at least send some automated letters

5. TapRackNGo

TapRackNGo PNW Well-Known Member

If things go bad, just for my personal well being, I want to know I have done everything I could fighting with a pen, or keyboard if you will. Avoidance is the key to survival. If we can avoid a confrontation and fight with a pen / keyboard, great! Do I think it will make a difference? It doesn't matter. What matters is I did something, I let my voice be heard and that's the important thing. I don't NEED any elected official to tell me what is best for me. It's not up to them to decide that. There are some great quotes by Thomas Jefferson if you care to look them up. The alternative isn't pleasant, an something that should be avoided at all costs. If all it costs me is a couple hours of my time and a bit of gas money, great I can do that. All I know is the people that said they couldn't take time off work, or take 5 minutes to send something are going to be the ones lining up to turn them in. They're all talk, if they can't even sacrifice a day or work they certainly aren't going to sacrifice more.

6. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

Got me thinking what % of people on this site read the political forum? I'll bet there are alot of untapped letter writers who just need to be woke up to the fact that very soon their rights are going away for good!

7. TAD

TAD West Linn Active Member

Maybe Joe could do a blanket pm and ask everyone to pitch in if they can, anyway hey can. This is at the very least part of the reason he started his site.

bnsaibum, tashworth1, Wildcat and 5 others like this.
  8. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Sheesh, I have harranged and harrassed my state/federal representatives so much, that I just KNOW I'm going to get my tax returns audited this year... I just know it.:bluelaugh:

I'm not worried though, because I actually have a documented budget... unlike our government.

9. theminutemenrideagain

theminutemenrideagain Tigard Member

You guys make a good point but I have to be honest and ask you this, lets say that the government completly dropped the gun control movement now or atleast let it settle down, whats it going to be next you guys? higher taxes more and more and more trillions of dollars debt? if you ask 10 random people on the streets these day 9 of them are going to admit that they belive the government is completly out of control and corrupt but yet we just lay back down and let everything keep happening because its worse somewhere else in the world and we really dont have it so bad so we just give up and let the money grubbing government keep loaning and stealing more and more money.
    Listen im 24 years old and I look and the fact of me getting my "american dream' started with a decent house and a nice piece of property and a family is almost 100% unaffordable and unrealistic these days, but yet gas gets more expensive,taxes ALWAYS increase and im expected to deal with it? I wonder how the next generations are going to deal with everything? oh but its ok we just want you guys to go ahead and register EVERY AND ALL firearms you have to the authoritys and you get to keep every last one of them we promise. unless we decide to declare marshall law after this is done and then we know right where they are and its not as hard to come find them. but no that can NEVER happen here because this is america and we dont let things like that happen in america,so we can go ahead and keep voting even though they dont count them unless there the electoral votes, and we can write automated letters to our congressmen which im SURE that they make a point to read every last one of those nice emails everyone keeps sending them about our rights and how they are not treating us very proper on our property taxes/income taxes because they made an oath to the people...

its all just a joke and WE are the ones who enable every bit of it.. for instance
    they are TRYING to take our firearms away which as we all know is against our rights and it doesnt mean they have done it yet but the point is that they are trying and we STILL let them stay in office after they have gone against what they swore to uphold.

But I guess that it can never happen here because this is america and that sort of thing cant happen here.

10. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

Don't get discouraged "theminutemenrideagain" This country has been nearly lost a few times in history. Thank our founding fathers we have a representative government or things could be worse! Many people your age want a nanny state with what they feel is free stuff from big brother. They don't see beyond their imediate selfish needs. Some of these people
    have become dependent on gov. because of policies designed to do just that. As others have mentioned here, their plan is to bring America down and level the playing field.
    Our plan must be to Vote, write letters, protest and make ourselves heard. More important is to find uninformed people, wake them up, and get them to see the future were facing
    if they don't get politicaly savvy!