Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

FIREMISSION 2: Colorado newspaper editor needs to hear from us

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by 762fullmetaljacket, May 8, 2013.

1. 762fullmetaljacket

762fullmetaljacket Portland Member

2. Ben Beckerich

Ben Beckerich NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

His last couplefew paragraphs read pretty defensively. Methinks he got WAAAAY more rational objection than support.

Caveman Jim and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

In the post script portion of the editorial he did say something that I've been really concerned about ever since Obama was elected and especially so in the past several months. The editorialist referenced "tens of thousands of creeps out there who are the firearms equivalent of park bathroom exhibitionists" and "use “my pansy ***” for target practice is pretty scary bubblegum. It also makes me angry that, even as hyperbole, it’s all about threats and shooting people."

The rhetoric over the past 5 years has been ramped and amped up to an ever increasingly level that I feel can only hurt gun right advocates in the long run. When there are people who act like belligerent and bellicose idiots who feel they can best get their point across best by yelling ever louder and threatening folks outright it makes us all look like a bunch of paranoid, uneducated, dimwit hillbillies.

The gun argument can be won through logical debate. There is no need to yell louder than the other guy, no need to threaten, no need to race to the bottom. Even people who are as impassioned on the other side of the gun issue as we are our side of it will listen to a logical defense of our position. Of course, the more they hear the more the will want to counter our arguments but there have been quite a few examples of recent months where politicians have been shown to be woefully uninformed on the gun issues. Beat them with their own words and ideas by showing how ignorant they are. That requires brains and intellect. We don't want to be seen as "creeps out there who are the firearms equivalent of park bathroom exhibitionists."

4. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

I just sent him a e-mail for thought... & don't care if he is offended by it one bit...

Mr. Perry,
    What an idiotic statement you have made about law abiding Americans, if in fact you call yourself a true American (which I doubt, probably a Hippy kid). I am willing to bet that you have never supported nor served in the Armed Forces to protect true Americans freedom, the very one you rely on for your so called job "the 1st Amendment". The 2nd Amendment protects the 1st. The members of the NRA, myself included, voiced their opinions by contacting our representatives. This is what defeated that disgusting Trojan horse of a gun registry bill that would not prevent any future mass shootings!!! I defeated it!!! We stand strong against those who oppose us.
    I take offence that you would be so bold as to call all NRA members criminals or even worse, terrorists, you have no clue of what you speak!!! Here is a clue for you, if combating gun violence is your true motive, try enforcing the laws already on the books, call the DOJ and ask them to do their damn jobs!!! They don't care because it costs too much to fight crime!!!
    With all your hate and discontent toward American gun owners, who choose to stand and fight for their constitutional rights along with other Americans, I would believe that you might get more than your feelings hurt if you ever encounter a dangerous criminal (the ones you should be trying and lock up instead of the law abiding) who will do you bodily harm and all you can do is dial 911. How pathetic you are!!! Cry for help and see how long it takes for you to get it.
    I call all you people (Owebamma supporters) and the lame stream media owners and supporters, the cowards, who only try to dignify yourselves by trying to take away the rights of others.
    I loathe you people... Liberal cowards!!!
    Jim ******
    NRA Life member

5. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Not when the gun grabbing anti gun nuts lie, cheat and have the lamestream media and government officials behind them.

iusmc2002 and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

Ya, I am sure that changed his mind and he has totally reconsidered his position on guns. :rolleyes: The name calling is a part of the race to the bottom.

7. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

I thought it was clever how he turned "main stream media" into "lame stream media"... You know, because it rhymes AND it's hurtful.

That'll show 'em.