Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Firefox issues

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Burt Gummer, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

I have the latest version of Firefox and the pages lock up when loading (only) here.

IE is ok, Chrome is OK.

2. Dinged

Dinged Portland, OR Active Member

Starting yesterday my Firefox randomly started freezing and using an exorbitant amount of RAM, 2+ gigs which is insane. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling an older version but no dice. I switched the Chrome and RAM usage peaks at 200 MBs. Until it's fixed I'm stuck on Chrome :(

3. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Clack Co. OR Well-Known Member

Same here. Virus check came out clean.

4. enjr4

enjr4 Renton, WA Active Member

I am also having a ton of problems with this site using IE. Spell Check does not work. Cannot post using advanced respond or Quick Reply or new post.

All other sites work correctly using IE. I have tried to reply to this post 4 times using IE. The site just stops running. Try this time with Chrome.

Sent a message to the Web Master. His response was basically that it is my browser (of course that doesn't explain why all other sites work properly).

Ed

5. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

If anyone is using any add-ons on Firefox, try disabling those and seeing if the problem goes away. When I upgraded to the new Firefox a bunch of my add-ons were causing problems with Vbulletin sites, so I removed them and problems are gone. I am still using Ghostery and No-Scripts, but got rid of another Ad-block add-on. Frankly I don't miss it as Ghostery can be set to do the same thing it was.

6. enjr4

enjr4 Renton, WA Active Member

Ran a MS IE repair script and it found a couple of problems. If this postss it may have fixed it. Spell check still does not work.

7. Burt Gummer

The only Add-on I have is Adobe Acrobat.

I'll run Malwarebytes and Spybot and see if some parasite is hanging on.

8. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

No problems with Safari on my Macs. Running AdBlock, Ghostery, etc. without issues.

9. Burt Gummer

I fired up my office notebook with Firefox here and it seems fine with FF. I don't think it has anything to do with this site. I'll remove FF and reinstall on that desktop PC.