JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nice to see that the story is written with such un-biased language
:s0054:
notorious bureaucrat
gunned down a mountain lion
massive cat he had killed during a hunting spree in Idaho
his trigger-happy ways
In fact, animal-lovers and regular people

Interesting that they don't think animal-lovers are regular people.

I think firing him was ridiculous.

But I have to say that I disapprove of hunting predators unless there's a game-management need for it.

I have a problem killing something you can't/won't eat just for kicks. If there's an overpopulation problem, by all means, have at it. (i.e. Coyotes in Maine). Other than that, I don't see the point. I've hunted birds a couple of times, have no issues with hunting anything you intend to eat.

But killing for plain sport, it just makes me queasy. Not telling anyone else what to do or advocating any restrictions, I just don't feel right about it.

But I have to say that I disapprove of hunting predators unless there's a game-management need for it.

I have a problem killing something you can't/won't eat just for kicks. If there's an overpopulation problem, by all means, have at it. (i.e. Coyotes in Maine). Other than that, I don't see the point. I've hunted birds a couple of times, have no issues with hunting anything you intend to eat.

But killing for plain sport, it just makes me queasy. Not telling anyone else what to do or advocating any restrictions, I just don't feel right about it.

People actually do eat cougar,I've heard it was really good. I wouldn't though,but if I was out hunting elk and a cougar showed up,I'd stick an arrow in it.

I've eaten Cougar 3-4 times and enjoyed it. I've had a sausage made from Cougar that was real tasty and had burger pattys a couple times.

And just so you know your issues are none of my concerns. You are free to feel how ever. I on the other hand am also free to do as I please (within the law of course)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top