JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Comedian Jim Gaffigan has some stuff about Waffle House. One bit goes something like this: "I've seen a gun 3 times in my life, 2 of those times was in a Waffle House." Obviously he's not a gun guy, but it does say something about Waffle House.

Comedian Jim Gaffigan has some stuff about Waffle House. One bit goes something like this: "I've seen a gun 3 times in my life, 2 of those times was in a Waffle House." Obviously he's not a gun guy, but it does say something about Waffle House.
LOL...he also said it's like going into a gas station restroom to eat waffles.

Ive never seen pork chops cut so thin.

Getting in a car to drive away does not sound like an imminent threat to me. Firing a gun into the air especially a pistol or rifle round is reckless. Her actions to me based on this article makes me question her competency and understanding of her use of said pistol. I am sorry for being put in that situation but ultimately she is responsible for her actions.

Whenever I hear the name "Waffle House", I think about this movie:

Funniest Cohen Bros movie ever, and that is saying something.

That's when Burkinshaw-Stanley ran to her car and retrieved a handgun, firing it into the air in self-defense to ward away the robbers.

Honestly I think things like this are part of the reason businesses have employee No Firearm policies. If you're so untrained and irresponsible to actually fire a warning shot INTO THE AIR, you are an unsafe person and should not be operating any firearm under an emergency situation.

If I ran a business that DID allow employees to carry, I'd very likely have let her go for endangering innocent lives in this way. Bullets don't just vanish into Narnia when fired into the air FFS.

Honestly I think things like this are part of the reason businesses have employee No Firearm policies. If you're so untrained and irresponsible to actually fire a warning shot INTO THE AIR, you are an unsafe person and should not be operating any firearm under an emergency situation.

If I ran a business that DID allow employees to carry, I'd very likely have let her go for endangering innocent lives in this way. Bullets don't just vanish into Narnia when fired into the air FFS.

This is EXACTLY why employers tell employees "NO GUNS." Some idiot does something stupid. Said idiot is not the one who the lawyers come after. Said idiot has nothing to be taken. Business on the other hand has money. Since juries are often made up of MORONS business pays. The moral to the story? Carry anyway. Only use the gun if you have to. If you are alive you can find another job. I have ALWAYS carried at work. Penalty for being caught would be fired at some jobs. Know why I don't get caught? I don't go to work and feel I need to show the damn gun to anyone at work. Also don't go fire into the damn air if some threat is driving away.

This is EXACTLY why employers tell employees "NO GUNS." Some idiot does something stupid. Said idiot is not the one who the lawyers come after. Said idiot has nothing to be taken. Business on the other hand has money. Since juries are often made up of MORONS business pays. The moral to the story? Carry anyway. Only use the gun if you have to. If you are alive you can find another job. I have ALWAYS carried at work. Penalty for being caught would be fired at some jobs. Know why I don't get caught? I don't go to work and feel I need to show the damn gun to anyone at work. Also don't go fire into the damn air if some threat is driving away.
It's that and their insurance companies. I know same same
You know that woman is really lucky those guys didn't shoot back,killing her or someone else.

After they departed on foot, Stanley retrieved a gun from her own car in the parking lot and fired over the heads of the robbers.

To me it seems there was no immanent threat, and she could have endangered others.
Poor judgment.

For anyone who hasn't partaken of the culinary joys of a Waffle House, you are far more likely to die from the fully loaded hash browns than you are from a .45.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top