JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Porsche928S4, You are correct one gun only. A Winchester '05 pump .22. First gun I ever fired at age 9. In back of the old farm house with my dad, uncle, a couple of cousins and several tin cans. That gun is a keeper.

.308 savage 99f, dad bought it new when he got home from Korea, first centerfire I ever shot, I was about 10 at the time. I have it now and will hunt it next week.

I'd never sell anything I inherited or was gifted from my Pa or show pictures.
But I'm pretty sure this Browning BAR 30-06 18.5 inch barrel limited production will be here when I'm dead. I got it within the past yr from a company on the east coast that had em made special by browning with the short barrel they made like 75 to 100 with the short barrel my serial number is 055. 20210521_185449.jpg 20210611_141737.jpg

I'd never sell anything I inherited or was gifted from my Pa or show pictures.
But I'm pretty sure this Browning BAR 30-06 18.5 inch barrel limited production will be here when I'm dead. I got it within the past yr from a company on the east coast that had em made special by browning with the short barrel they made like 75 to 100 with the short barrel my serial number is 055.View attachment 1039103View attachment 1039106
I hate you now.

That's freakin awesome.

Of all the firearms I own, the one that has the deepest emotional connection is my Zastava M70. The AKM pattern rifles has been the signature firearm of armed conflicts in the past decades, including the Vietnam War. In my case, the Vietnam War was one of the reason my parents fled to the U.S. where they would then have my sisters and I.

The M70 is a great rifle, but it also holds a special place in my heart as it is a symbol of my parent's sacrifice for the American Dream.

Of all the firearms I own, the one that has the deepest emotional connection is my Zastava M70. The AKM pattern rifles has been the signature firearm of armed conflicts in the past decades, including the Vietnam War. In my case, the Vietnam War was one of the reason my parents fled to the U.S. where they would then have my sisters and I.

The M70 is a great rifle, but it also holds a special place in my heart as it is a symbol of my parent's sacrifice for the American Dream.
Our preferences are very often a product of our formative years and the stories we're exposed to - particularly with firearms from what I've seen. Many of us have a fondness for Winchester's and Colts from growing up on a diet of westerns. No different with the AK or FAL in many parts of the world.

I have three that I would never sell....but I hope to gift to someone someday.
They are my :

Hawken Rifle...many memories made with this rifle...as well as much respect for the rifle maker.
Series '70 Colt Government ...My dad's pistol and first pistol I ever shot.
1962 Wingmaster...given to me , by my grandpa...first gun I ever owned...and still gets used to this day.

They all have wear and show signs of use...so no collector's safe queens here.
Nor do they have the greatest of monetary value...but to me they are priceless , due to the memories tied to them.

I hope to gift them to someone who has some sort of connection to them and what they represent.
Andy
This is what my MT husband already did many years ago and within x amount of years since we were together.

Very Specific Gifts were made to relatives and friends.

(Some went to the range for Newbies to learn safe firearm shooting too.)

Cate

My 6" 629 classic hunter, great shooter. accurate.
My AMT long slide .45 that was worked over by Detonics SN140
and my AR-10 I built in 7-mm 08. great bbl, sweet trigger, Leupold 6.5 x 20
These guns will be passed on after my death

Firearms you would never sell as in never part with no way no how !
I will go first a S&W 686
Your turn

I have nigh on 45 specimens, none of them "collectible" per se, all of them useful, and none of them would I sell.

Although not (entirely) sociopathic, I'm not a particularly "sentimental" personality and I'm not "attached" to any of them.

I have a personal rule: they're all just tools that are useful for a variety of purposes, ranging from entertainment to survival.
Firearms you would never sell as in never part with no way no how !
I will go first a S&W 686
Your turn

I only buy guns, I never sell guns.

Smith & Wesson Model 659 9mm

Nothing fancy but bought it back in 1984 and used it for competition when I first started into guns. Its old, tired and well used just like me and I will have it until I die.

I purchased a Colt 150 yr Commemorative Double Diamond Set several years ago, a Officers Model .45 and a Python .357 with a 6" barrel. Both in bright finish. They had matching serials D800 & 800D. Never pulled the slide or rotated the cylinder, polished after handling. They were stolen, the Python was recovered but was a little banged up. I cleaned it up, only now I can carry it and shoot it without losing value which I could care less about since I'll never sell it.

20210926_194221.jpg

I've got the 1932 Winchester Model 52 Pre-A w/Speedlock that belonged to my grandfather. It is the most accurate gun I've ever fired. If I ever get around to writing a Will, I'll put in there that this rifle is to be buried with me. I never got a chance to go shooting with grandpa when he was alive and I want to take something with me for when we meet again.

Three.

First, my first hunting rifle: a Ruger M77 7mm Rem Mag. I worked extra hours and days in college to buy this. I learned about reloading with this rifle. I learned about hunting. I learned about accurizing a weapon. I carried and hunted with this rifle around the country while serving in the USAF. It's beat up and I can put 5 rounds into a nickel at 100 yards from a rest with it. I put down a wounded deer at a paced off 600 yards in South Dakota with it. One shot. (I wasn't the one who wounded it, and I wouldn't have tried the shot on a healthy animal.) No, it stays with me.

Second, My Sig Sauer P245. I love the look and the feel, and you can't buy another one. I don't shoot it much these days. I'd shoot it more, but my eyes kind of make shooting with iron sights problematic. Getting old sucks.

Third, My P227 RX. Again, you can't buy these anymore. I love the weapon and can shoot it decently. Sig modded it with a short reset trigger and a trigger job. I'd trade it though for a P227 Legion, if such an animal existed. Or maybe I'd keep it and get the legion too!

This came up recently with friends and while I have attachments to the first guns I ever bought none of my guns are that special I could not part with them. Parting with them would be for financial reasons at this point in my life. The last to go would be the gun I ccw carry the most, a simple polished and dehorned sp101. Then second to last to go would be a tie between a 1958 Ruger Blackhawk 6" 357 magnum and my S+W model 17 target model. The Ruger was a gun that was passed on to me by my father and while no special story is behind it, it's the revolver with the best action and trigger I have.

I have a few guns I bought just for resale later on...those would go first.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top