JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Forgive me if this has been asked before - if it was I couldn't find it: I realize that value books can only give a general estimate of worth, but sometimes even that is handy if you are dealing in a firearm unfamiliar to you.

What books of gun values you find the most accurate and comprehensive?

TIA for your responses!

Williams Blue Book of Gun Values has always been my go to book, but there are others. Just keep in mind that there can be pretty big regional differences.

At the end of the day, any gun is worth exactly what someone is willing to pay for it no matter what any book says.

Williams Blue Book of Gun Values has always been my go to book, but there are others. Just keep in mind that there can be pretty big regional differences.

At the end of the day, any gun is worth exactly what someone is willing to pay for it no matter what any book says.

True enough - thanks for the tips!

Use the book - but you can also go to some place like Gun Broker and use their advanced search feature to find what people actually paid for a gun vs what they are always posted at. That might give you a better idea of what people are paying.
Most of the time the guns on this site are listed at premium prices - but it is what they sell for that is important. That should give you a range. Rememebr this is across the Country - so what sells in Georgia may be different than Oregon

Gun Broker and use their advanced search feature to find what people actually paid
+1 on this. I have been using this for a while and it has really helped me out on my last few purchases and cleared up some pricing misconceptions on certain guns. Prices seem to be all over the map right now, depending on the gun so be careful and do your homework!

Thanks, everyone. I do a fair amount of buying and trading motorcycles, so am hip to how the market can vary on things. Also, sometimes there is a fad that drives up prices for a while and prices go bust once that time period ends. Appreciate all the good advice!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top