JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've had some one speed up to me in a convoy while I was shooting in the mountains to make sure I was shooting in the right direction and started nailing up signs... think he was disappointed I was shooting into a massive burn, I know he wanted to tell me not to shoot there. Oh and he's from washington, and I was in Oregon. Probably a member here too. we've got authoritarian control freaks that'll reduce our current rights from inside and outside the sport.

For those not willing to click the link, this is due to elevated fire danger and nothing more. Nice inflammatory article title though.
Ya reactionary. Sure let's do what we can to prevent fire... why not better oversight to begin with or education. Not much can fix stupid people though and that's caused more then a few. How many fires has a rifle caused.

Fire, did someone say fire? I've been dodging wildfires in two Counties in the Gulag, at least my house is safe near Redding but my workplaces in Lake County are threatened.

NorCal, being hell on earth and just getting started.:mad:

Brutus Out

Ya reactionary. Sure let's do what we can to prevent fire... why not better oversight to begin with or education. Not much can fix stupid people though and that's caused more then a few. How many fires has a rifle caused.

rifles are not banned, only the act of shooting them is, which has resulted in fires.

Thanks goodness I a member at two clubs
where we say screw the gubberment (not really) but to hell wioth jay inslee and all the left wing Pile of sh!ts

we went up to Jones creek sunday morning day break no signs posted yet

Thanks for the heads up JOE

Having lived in the woods this is normal every summer.

All it takes is one dips**t and it all goes up faster than you can run.
Even if you're careful all it takes is one spark to set it off.
A hot shell in dry grass will ignite a grass fire, and with as dry as it is it pretty much goes from just a bit of smoldering grass to an inferno pretty fast.

In the blink of an eye it goes from Uh-oh to Ho** Fu***** Sh**.

Indeed. Last weekend I took a look at the dry conditions and decided to turn back around from my shooting trip, no signs posted.

It sucked, but something that would have sucked more would have been igniting a grass fire that turned into a forest fire because I wanted to do a little target practice.

Heaven help us if the USFS ever reports the cause of a large fire up here is firearms related.

"Guns now indirectly killing people and burning down homes" would be the headline.

Driving is dangerous too people... I'd like to see the percentages. I suspect most fires are arson, smoking, and lightning. I can not see myself causing a fire shooting my centerfire from a bench in a carefully selected place.

Indeed. Last weekend I took a look at the dry conditions and decided to turn back around from my shooting trip, no signs posted.

It sucked, but something that would have sucked more would have been igniting a grass fire that turned into a forest fire because I wanted to do a little target practice.

Heaven help us if the USFS ever reports the cause of a large fire up here is firearms related.

"Guns now indirectly killing people and burning down homes" would be the headline.

Good on you, Sir, for thinking about the potential outcomes of you actions and making the responsible decision.

I haven't looked into the actual numbers but I know at least one fire here in the NW this year was caused by a target shooter using exploding targets. They did the right thing and admitted to it - which very seldom happens with any human-caused fire.

Driving is dangerous too people...

Hmm to an extent, yes. I have a spark arrestor on my bike tho.

No doubt smoking, intentional fires and lightning cause more fires than firearms. Hard to limit lightning but I don't think we should do anything that causes more strain on the limited firefighting resources just cause arson is a higher number.

How about if we agree we can shoot arsonists?

Not everyone with a gun is smart and responsible.
Just look at all the crap left behind at shooting spots.
People who do that, think nothing of shooting at whatever or in places where it may be sketchy.

People have to have it explained to them that Tannerite and dry conditions is a bad idea.
That's happened a couple of times already.

I haven't looked into the actual numbers but I know at least one fire here in the NW this year was caused by a target shooter using exploding targets. They did the right thing and admitted to it - which very seldom happens with any human-caused fire.

Geez, let's hope the media doesn't try starting on that angle as well. Hard to limit the PR damage if a bunch of people have their homes burned down because someone went plinking.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top