JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The way I understand it, these are the rules:

- An FFL in WA can transfer a long gun to a resident of OR.

- An FFL in WA cannot transfer a handgun to a resident of OR. Handgun has to go through an FFL in OR before it can go to resident of OR.

- A private party resident of WA cannot transfer a long gun or a handgun to a resident of OR. Long gun would have to go through an FFL in WA or OR before it can go to resident of OR. Handgun would have to go through an FFL in OR before it can go to resident of OR.

The simple answer is no.

This is my understanding. Private partys can not do any transfer across state lines. But if you are a businees you can do long guns only. An FFL well it is all good. I have bought a few long guns from Oregon companys as to not pay the tax. But when it comes to a handgun I am screwed and have to pay the tax and deal with the local FFL.

I know a WA resident who called the local (WA) branch of the ATF about this and was informed that if an OR resident legally owned a pistol and then legally transported it himself into WA, he could sell it directly to a WA resident (provided said WA resident could legally purchase the pistol) w/o going through an FFL. Because the transaction took place in state it was ok. This is not legal advice, but I know/trust the person who called the ATF and was shocked this was their opinion. :s0131:

Here's one. If you receive a stripped lower receiver in WA state as "other", neither designating it as pistol or rifle at the time of the transfer, can you build it into either? IE b/c it wasn't specifically transferred as a pistol, can you later build it as one? (provided it's never been assembled as a rifle)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top