JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In April 2020, the RAND Corporation published a long-term study tracking gun ownership in all 50 states, from 1980 to 2016.

^^^The last couple of years have made this data obsolete before they completed compiling it.
This is probably a valid criticism of the study.
Which means they guessed and then fed that into an algorithm that makes sophisticated guesses. Or you could say they had the computer guess for them. We've had people doing that with the climate for 50 years now and they're always wrong. :rolleyes:
This is true - BUT in this type of study it doesn't matter. They are not really trying to answer the question "How many?". They are trying to determine how the states rank. Their estimating technique will involve error, but as long as the error rate is consistent across all sample units (states), the rankings would still be valid. The percentages are only an index of how the states compare to one another, and should not be viewed as an absolute estimate of the number of gun owners. The thing to focus on here is the rankings. That said, I see nothing terribly unreasonable. The states that make it hardest for people to own guns tend to be at the bottom. No big surprise.

I just looked up transporting a handgun through California on my way to Arizona.

The best I can tell it needs to be locked up in my vehicle "In plain sight though" while I am in my hotel.

Read their laws sometime, it is crazy town down there.

Have to bring a revolver as my pistols did not make "the list" of guns that are legal to possess in CA.
Don't go through CA! Go east through ID & UT. I did that trip several times when I lived in Flagstaff. WAY better than traveling on foreign soil just to get back into the USA.

Don't go through CA! Go east through ID & UT. I did that trip several times when I lived in Flagstaff. WAY better than traveling on foreign soil just to get back into the USA.
Thanks Nos, I am taking your suggestion, researching the crime in California put the fear of God in me.
Don't think I'll ever go back. :(

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top