JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Some choice photos in this article: gang arrests, illegal guns, Sandy Hook, gun "buyback", "Unite the Right", civilian paramilitary group, McKloskeys … no bias here. :rolleyes:

Interesting to see Oregon around 51%. I'm guessing these numbers are all lower-bound estimates, considering many are reluctant to disclose firearm ownership. Add the third who would consider firearm ownership in the future and that's a significant pro-gun (to some extent) majority.

I don't believe they have any idea who has a gun and who does not! It says they got their data from surveys, magazine subscriptions, ammo sales, etc... My own Mom had a gun since the 1950's that her dad gave her. She never bought ammo [ She would send one of her kids to find it]. She never looked at a Gun Mag, etc.. and there are millions like her. Lots of people have a gun in the closet, attic, or garage! To be honest I only know of a few people who don't own some kind of gun! DR

From the RAND study.

First, they used a small-area estimation technique to create state-level ownership estimates for each of 51 nationally representative surveys assessing household firearm ownership rates. They then used structural equation modeling to combine these survey-based estimates with administrative data on firearm suicides, hunting licenses, subscriptions to Guns & Ammo magazine, and background checks into the final measure of household firearm ownership.
Given that I often lie to pollsters, haven't killed myself, don't hunt, have never subscribed to G&A and up until recently didn't have to do bgc for private purchase there are obviously no guns in my household.

Follow the science!

Well, this is fun. An article about lawful gun ownership using photos and descriptions from situations where guns were not lawfully owned, i.e. "photo of guns and drugs confiscated in a police raid in Vermont". They just can't seem to resist painting 2A in the worst light possible.

I am surprised by the numbers though... i knew a lot of people owned guns, but didn't expect it to jump from 14% to 30%+ in the first few states. That data seems mighty questionable.

Most of these clickbait surveys/reports are full of crap (10 worst cars, ranking of rudest states, etc)
:rolleyes:Just because someone buys "Car and Driver" doesn't mean they own an Aston Martin, any more than someone that buys "Gun and Ammo" owns a gun… or ammo (it's more likely they just own a business with a waiting room)
Put another way, would you truthfully tell a stranger that you own a gun and how many?

I just looked up transporting a handgun through California on my way to Arizona.

The best I can tell it needs to be locked up in my vehicle "In plain sight though" while I am in my hotel.

Read their laws sometime, it is crazy town down there.

Have to bring a revolver as my pistols did not make "the list" of guns that are legal to possess in CA.

From the RAND study.

First, they used a small-area estimation technique to create state-level ownership estimates for each of 51 nationally representative surveys assessing household firearm ownership rates. They then used structural equation modeling to combine these survey-based estimates with administrative data on firearm suicides, hunting licenses, subscriptions to Guns & Ammo magazine, and background checks into the final measure of household firearm ownership.

Given that I often lie to pollsters, haven't killed myself, don't hunt, have never subscribed to G&A and up until recently didn't have to do bgc for private purchase there are obviously no guns in my household.

Follow the science!
Which means they guessed and then fed that into an algorithm that makes sophisticated guesses. Or you could say they had the computer guess for them. We've had people doing that with the climate for 50 years now and they're always wrong. :rolleyes:

Which means they guessed and then fed that into an algorithm that makes sophisticated guesses. Or you could say they had the computer guess for them. We've had people doing that with the climate for 50 years now and they're always wrong. :rolleyes:
Wow, sounds scientific. Who funded that gain of statistical function? Cuz if you doubt them, well, you just refuse to follow the science.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top