JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would say 79BAD73D-BE67-4E35-B2D7-75AAE3DC1BBA.jpeg

the Johnson M1941 had great potential and was overlooked and underdeveloped!

Some one besides Taurus making the "Circuit Judge" into an actual adult sized carbine, instead of the Yoot size it's in now! Better build quality in .45/70 would be a dream come true!
Wow
BFR carbine. Very niche. Interesting idea.
Be scary to think about support hand getting near the cylinder gap during ignition.

The Python/Anaconda and SW 586/686 and 629 revolvers with the heavy underlugs. Once you've decided there are sometimes advantages to having the barrel weigh twice as much, why not skip underlug, and add another single shot barrel. Then modify hammer so you can easily select the barrel. Imagine a 629 with 6 rounds of .44 and one of .22.

Thompson Contender. Bore is way high compared with position of hand on grip.
Also, why not add a second barrel and a selector mechanism on hammer. Make mine .44/.22.

The Python/Anaconda and SW 586/686 and 629 revolvers with the heavy underlugs. Once you've decided there are sometimes advantages to having the barrel weigh twice as much, why not skip underlug, and add another single shot barrel. Then modify hammer so you can easily select the barrel. Imagine a 629 with 6 rounds of .44 and one of .22.

Also, why not add a second barrel and a selector mechanism on hammer. Make mine .44/.22.
I always thought an improved version of the LeMatte would have been awesome, a swing out cylinder chambered for .44 or .45, plus a side tipping .12 or .20 gauge barrel! The grip angles on those pistols are awesome, would lead to a very accurate shooting pistol with good sights! Bonus is they could also make a nifty carbine from that, one that actually fit like a Rifle and not a rifle conversion of a pistol!

I'm going to go a different direction, likely an unpopular one as well.

All Glocks that fundamentally have not changed besides minor "Apple iPhone" type changes over the many years. Imagine what they could produce if allowed.
I think they call these Polymer80s now... :p
at least Polymer80 fixed that faulty grip angle mistake. Glock missed the boat ignoring the modularity future of handguns.

See.
Now I was going to say LeMat revolvers, but your idea is much better.

Merwin-Hulbert made a switch barrel revolver in the 1880's. With the push of a button you could have a 6" gun turned into a 2" snuby! And by changing cylinder and barrel you could change calibers!
There was a lot of machining that went into them But in todays shops CnC has taken that to a new level!
Here's a link that shows the both apart and together

Last Edited:
Eugene Stoner and his line of of semi-auto military long-arms. Back before the ban here in UK in 1985 or 6, I got to spend some time with the AR180 - a 7.62x51 rifle on steroids. It recoiled like a 30-30 and shot as straight as an arrow and the only thing that stopped me from buying one was a buttwipe called Michael Ryan, who ruined it for all of us.

Funny enough, I still have the instruction brochure to remind me what we lost.

SIG 227

SIG should have fixed the 14 round mags with a better spring - easy fix

Should have made an all steel version and offered it in .40 and 10mm.

Should have added a .22 LR mag and sold it with the P220 rimfire slide kit.

Should have offered it in the many variations they have for the other classic "P" series pistols; Legion, Elite, etc.

But noooo - they dropped it when it could have been a very good all around multi-caliber pistol.

Lack of vision, all they saw were the $ signs from LE and military contracts for their plastic striker fired guns.
I could not agree more Sig gave in to the plastic demon ! I do admit that there is a Glock in my safe and well that is just to say I have a Glock .

The experimental WW2 stamped steel 1911 Colt. While they were cheap to produce and functioned well in testing they were 3.1lbs, much heavier than the 2.4lbs of the standard 1911. As well as being fit together with pins (so not easy to disassemble) and not having a grip safety or slide stop.

I still think that they'd have made a nice rear echelon weapon. Certainly something that should have been explored further.

tumblr_ngr1ke6rCG1s57vgxo1_500.jpg

Last Edited:
SIG 227

SIG should have fixed the 14 round mags with a better spring - easy fix

Should have made an all steel version and offered it in .40 and 10mm.

Should have added a .22 LR mag and sold it with the P220 rimfire slide kit.

Should have offered it in the many variations they have for the other classic "P" series pistols; Legion, Elite, etc.

But noooo - they dropped it when it could have been a very good all around multi-caliber pistol.

Lack of vision, all they saw were the $ signs from LE and military contracts for their plastic striker fired guns.
+1,000!! I feel so lucky to have purchased one of these prior to it's cancellation. (P227 RX) It's my second favorite handgun, right after my Sig P245. I just took my first holster certification class with my P227 RX and qualified with 173 points out of 180. I won't point out that everyone else in class had a 9mm striker fired pistol, and that I had the highest score with my cancelled DA/SA 45 ACP.

I'll never understand why Sig didn't replace the spring in the 14 round magazines. I'm over 2000 rounds fired through the modified mags. Filthy powder, cold firing, firing hundreds of rounds at a time, no misfires with a good mag spring.

I did send my P227 to Sig for a trigger job and a short reset trigger. Also, I note that the Romeo1 on the P227RX, and new ones sold today, have a serious flaw. The function buttons are proud, that is they extend out quite a bit. This can cause the red dot to be turned off while holstered, even if the holster itself doesn't touch the buttons. This happened to me during my qualification and made it fun switching to iron sights no notice. I've ordered the shroud for the Romeo1 to hopefully fix this issue.

I'd buy a P227 Legion the first moment I could, if one existed. That would be my new favorite handgun.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top