JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
+1,000!! I feel so lucky to have purchased one of these prior to it's cancellation. (P227 RX) It's my second favorite handgun, right after my Sig P245. I just took my first holster certification class with my P227 RX and qualified with 173 points out of 180. I won't point out that everyone else in class had a 9mm striker fired pistol, and that I had the highest score with my cancelled DA/SA 45 ACP.

I'll never understand why Sig didn't replace the spring in the 14 round magazines. I'm over 2000 rounds fired through the modified mags. Filthy powder, cold firing, firing hundreds of rounds at a time, no misfires with a good mag spring.

I did send my P227 to Sig for a trigger job and a short reset trigger. Also, I note that the Romeo1 on the P227RX, and new ones sold today, have a serious flaw. The function buttons are proud, that is they extend out quite a bit. This can cause the red dot to be turned off while holstered, even if the holster itself doesn't touch the buttons. This happened to me during my qualification and made it fun switching to iron sights no notice. I've ordered the shroud for the Romeo1 to hopefully fix this issue.

I'd buy a P227 Legion the first moment I could, if one existed. That would be my new favorite handgun.
I have a 227 Tactical, a Nitron and a Carry. I wish I could get Hogue rubber grips for these and for my 224. I am keeping my eyes open for an affordable .22 LR 220 conversion kit so I can modify a mag to work with it for the 227.

IIRC there is a 245 for sale here, but if I can find the mag sleeves for my 224/229 I think the 224 I have in .40 would be okay - although it has more recoil and a fatter grip.

I prefer a 226 in .40 - I like the .40 better than .45 or 9mm - less recoil than .45 ACP for the same load (180gr @1K fps), slimmer grips/mags, and the 15 rd mag extends less than the 14 rd .45 mag.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top