JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So as I got on the ferry today I noticed a sign that said something along the lines of " illegal firearms or those possessed by prohibited persons are prohibited"

What?

Obviously the sign was produced by the Department of Redundancy department.

That must be new; I ride all of the time, and have never seen such stupidity.

You know about the portable gasoline container rule, don't you? Such containers must be declared, or transit will be prohibited. Motorcycles with oversized gasoline tanks are exempt. :eek:

The same sign had to gasoline container rules on it, This was the Vashon side of the point defiance ferry.

The logic is brilliant, If only we could pass a law that prohibited things that were illegal. And then of course post a sign

A friend was going to Nebraska from Sequim to prairie dog hunt.The got on the ferry at Bainbridge and the Stater walked the dog by.
Well,of course the dog responded. She asked if they had firearms,he said well of course we're going hunting.
She didn't know what to do so called her supervisor and he said no biggie
I guess she was pretty excited for a bit there,lol

You can legally carry on a Wa state ferry:
Unlawful or Illegally Possessed Firearms (9.41 RCW)
So if you can legally carry in the state, you can legally carry on a ferry. It's not under TSA and the airport Nazis

You can legally carry on a Wa state ferry:
Unlawful or Illegally Possessed Firearms (9.41 RCW)
So if you can legally carry in the state, you can legally carry on a ferry. It's not under TSA and the airport Nazis

Now all we have to do is get the d bags to read and UNDERSTAND the law.

A friend was going to Nebraska from Sequim to prairie dog hunt.The got on the ferry at Bainbridge and the Stater walked the dog by.
Well,of course the dog responded. She asked if they had firearms,he said well of course we're going hunting.
She didn't know what to do so called her supervisor and he said no biggie
I guess she was pretty excited for a bit there,lol

The WSP lady "didn't understand?" Unbelievable. We get the K-9 walk around daily, but it never occurred to me the searchers didn't know what they were searching for (would they therefore know if they found it?).

Yes the ferries are nothing but a hiway system,so riding the ferry is the same as driving down I5 with your guns.
All they are there for is that chance that a martyr is on board

Shoreline City Ordinances for firearms in parks... "in violation of state law" is the qualifying phrase here. Added after the Preemption decision, most likely. Of course, it can be read as "according to state law it's illegal in every city park" and is probably the intended ambiguity.

8.12.490 Firearms, weapons and fireworks.
No person shall possess a B.B. gun, firework, firecracker, explosive, sword, slingshot, bow and arrow, crossbow, or gas weapon in a city park. No person shall possess or display a firearm in any city park in violation of state law. No person shall discharge across, in, or onto any park area a firearm, firework, firecracker, explosive, slingshot, bow and arrow, crossbow, gas weapon, or any device capable of injuring or killing any person or animal, or damaging or destroying any public or private property. This section shall not apply where the department has authorized, in writing, such recreational activity upon finding that it is not inconsistent with park use. [Ord. 539 § 5, 2009; Ord. 195 § 1, 1999]

Last Edited:
latest?cb=20110412235023

Shoreline City Ordinances for firearms in parks... "in violation of state law" is the qualifying phrase here. Added after the Preemption decision, most likely. Of course, it can be read as "according to state law it's illegal in every city park" and is probably the intended ambiguity.

8.12.490 Firearms, weapons and fireworks.
No person shall possess a B.B. gun, firework, firecracker, explosive, sword, slingshot, bow and arrow, crossbow, or gas weapon in a city park. No person shall possess or display a firearm in any city park in violation of state law. No person shall discharge across, in, or onto any park area a firearm, firework, firecracker, explosive, slingshot, bow and arrow, crossbow, gas weapon, or any device capable of injuring or killing any person or animal, or damaging or destroying any public or private property. This section shall not apply where the department has authorized, in writing, such recreational activity upon finding that it is not inconsistent with park use. [Ord. 539 § 5, 2009; Ord. 195 § 1, 1999]

Totally useless sentence. See http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.290 This could not be clearer.

By the way, there was a clear movement in the 2015 Wash Legislature to modify RCW 09.41.290, and eliminate state pre-emption. THIS we must fight, otherwise we become PDX.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top