JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
With all the fervor about gun control, i see a lot of senators, congressmen, and women, getting really upset with Pro gun people. Think about it, they push these things to the max, emotions flare, tempers rise, lack of sleep, running to and fro to make a stand. Do THEY need the mental exams?? :huh: When being interviewed, they cannot give a correct name of a rifle or pistol part, they continue to talk around the subject. And refer to different parts as ''thingie's'' and even make up words. Are THEY suffering from emotional , mental problems, that need to be checked out?

Sent to my Congress Critters:

I own a black, self loading rifle with a standard capacity magazine that never has been, nor ever will be, an assault rifle. It has been used as a tool, and for my enjoyment in sport shooting. I am a compassionate non-violent person today.

I also own several hand guns, several other bolt action and semi-automatic rifles and shotguns of various types. Each is suited to a particular purpose (e.g, duck hunting vs quail hunting).

None has ever, nor ever will be used in a crime. All are stored in a safe, with ammunition stored elsewhere under lock and key. None will ever be carelessly discharged. When I hunt I am sure of my target and backstop, as I was taught from childhood, and as I teach my own children. This has been the case for well over 50 years now. I don't think it will change. None of my neighbors is in any danger from me or my firearms.

There is an element in American politics that has whipped up a lynch mob of people with an irrational fear of me and my firearms. It is a group of opportunistic politicians that have determined that they can gain political support by pandering to the fears and panic brought to the surface by tragic, but rare and isolated events that inevitably happen in a society of 350 million people who value the personal freedoms of even the criminally insane. They care nothing about the effectiveness of their gun control/confiscation plans. All that matters is the acclamation they receive in the news and at the polls. They are willing to shout down any possibly effective alternative to their plans because those alternatives would require time, money, and effort to implement, whereas passing a law about firearms provides instant gratification, costs next to nothing, and puts the onerous burden on the perceived "bad people" like me.

When I object to this I am vilified, belittled, shamed, and criticized as backward and "neanderthal" in my thinking. I've been a punching bag in many venues for defending a lifestyle I've lived without harming anyone for over 50 years. I'm done with this argument. Henceforth, I will simply work to defeat these politicians with all of my free time and all of my political donations.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top