Firearms+legos

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bolus, Feb 17, 2017.

1. bolus

bolus
    Portland
    Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

2. rdb241

rdb241
    Puyallup Washington
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Oh no. American youth will not be able to rationally handle this for two reasons. First it has no red end cap on the barrel like all toy guns should have....bs. Second, it teaches America's youth gunsmithing skills. Ms. Polosie can't have that.

3. that guy

that guy
    PDX
    Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

And when you're done building it, you can shoot it out of your shotgun!

4. cooper

cooper
    molalla
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Such a funny topic...I was reganized as a kid. That means GI JOE NOT STAR WARS. Lego......bubblegum no weapons ????? Meaning guns of course. Made Kenner look appealing.

So now I have a 9 yr old son. I accepted the DINO stage but shunned Lego. That was untill the Lego 2nd amendment was signed..LETS PLAY LEGOS..NOW WE CAN TURN ANY LEGO INTO AN AMERICAN PSYCO.
    ITS THE ONE ECHINA PURCHASE I GIVE EBAY.

5. Srbasbol2

Srbasbol2
    Colville, wa
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

IMG_6663.JPG my youngest boy built his own ar and started shooting at my Muley mount. Pew pew pew! Bristle blocks btw.

RicInOR, Libertas7, cooper and 2 others like this.
  6. mkwerx

mkwerx
    Forest Grove, OR
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Not quite sure what you're getting at here... I was a child of the 80s' and early 90's - I had a crapton of lego as a kid, sets from medieval stuff (knights, castles, horses and Robin Hood type stuff) to Space Police, etc. I had pirates and colonial sets that included guns. There were gun-like objects for the police as well - so I don't quite understand the lego hate that seems to be implied?

New modern lego sets are even more incredible than what I had as a kid, and my kid has lots of lego sets that have weapons - pistols, blasters, muskets, etc. Heck - one of his Ninjago things was an air pirate jet fighter thing that came with half a dozen guns that mounted to it, plus dual pistols for the pilot named Flintlock - so Lego isn't exactly hard on anti-gun.

Legos are just plain fun, cool toys that foster creativity and mechanical thinking. "We" buy lego sets for my kiddo, but I think I buy sets as much for me as I do him - they're damn fun to play with :D

Libertas7 and albin25 like this.