Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Firearms friendly email provider?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by GuyBMeredith, Jun 4, 2014.

1. GuyBMeredith

GuyBMeredith Salem, Oregon Active Member

I have been using outdrs.net as an email provider for years, but I'm afraid this mom 'n' pop group is just not reliable enough or fast enough on the net any more. Are there other groups that need my $$ for email service that have a more robust system?

2. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

You pay for e-mail service?

mpperales likes this.
  3. GuyBMeredith

GuyBMeredith Salem, Oregon Active Member

Yes, I am willing t0 pay for the service if it supports the firearms community and prevents all my computer time being taken up with friggin ads and cutesy garbage.

Outdoors Unlimited was originally my net provider, but my current connection is not compatible. I pay $4.95/mo for the email.

4. Flopsweat

Flopsweat Slightly right of center Well-Known Member

I use an email application that allows me to handle all of my email through the app (via a POP or IMAP connection to the email server) rather than using a web interface. This allows you to use the free providers - several of whom are quite performant and reliable - without seeing the ads. My email client came with the suite of office applications that I use regularly.

5. rick benjamin

rick benjamin USA, Or, Damascus Secure the drama Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

We have Frontier phone and DSL service.
    I've been using my frontier.com email account.
    When employed, got used to using MS Outlook to download mail.
    Now, I use windows live mail (free). A lot like Outlook.
    My wife uses hotmail.com online (free)

6. Kruejl

Kruejl Hillsboro Moderator of the Coriolis effect Staff Member Gold Supporter Silver Supporter

gmail? Free and I've never had any email edited or not gone through regarding firearms. I don't pay for email.

7. The Heretic

The Heretic Oregon Well-Known Member

I use gmail. I have not had problems with it. It is free and more importantly, when I change my ISP I no longer have to tell anybody I have to change my address. Also, I can have multiple addresses.

I don't require my email provider be "firearms community friendly" any more than I require that of my grocer, my electricity provider or any other mundane business I do daily business with. I just require that they don't be hostile.

8. dwaineshort

dwaineshort Vancouver WA Active Member

I work for Google. They so far haven't taken sides, and let us expense a % of firearm lated classes for training. Google owns gmail.com