JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This is mostly false narrative. Did you know a white person interacting with police is more likely to be killed than a person of color in the same circumstances? That's a verifiable fact, based on FBI statistics and ferreted out by a major media outlet.
It's true that more white people are killed by police, but per capita more black people are killed. But any police officer getting off with no time after killing an innocent, unarmed, nonthreatening person is a travesty.
BLM has done billions of dollars of damage looting and rioting for months.
Now THAT is a false narrative. Over 7,000 anti-racism protests have occurred since the killing of George Floyd. The vast majority have been peaceful, with a lot of the violence being instigated by counter-protesters. Very few of the protests involved property damage or vandalism, and much of that has been linked to opportunistic looters and not protesters. Generalizing the BLM protests as "violent riots" based on the outliers is akin to using the events that happened in Charlotesville as an excuse to refer to all conservatives as violent Neo-Nazis.
A few idiots run through some mostly ceremonial buildings for a couple hours and they are the big threat. Right
A violent mob breaks into the US Capitol building, commits vandalism and murders, threatens the lives of members of US Congress and the Vice-President, interrupts the functioning of the government, and you want to dismiss it as "a few idiots?" Open your eyes man, the actions of the January 6th DC rioters bordered on treason.

In both the BLM and MAGA protests, the majority of the protesters were peaceful. But while property damage is bad, a physical assault on the heart of American democracy is an abomination.

It's true that more white people are killed by police, but per capita more black people are killed.
Read what I wrote. Here's the more detailed "how the world works in reality" explanation.
  • A white person interacting with police is more likely to be killed than a person of color in the same circumstances.
  • Police interact with people based primarily on reported crimes, and secondarily observed crimes.
  • Black people are more likely to be reported as engaged in criminal activity than white people, pro rata.
  • In reported crimes, the race of the victim and the alleged offender are overwhelmingly likely to be the same.
There is more but you get the idea - all this is verifiable statistical fact.

So, at the core of your complaint, is the fact that black people are more likely, per-capita to report a crime. If you think that's a problem, go fix it, but they're not dropping a dime because police officers are racists.

Read what I wrote. Here's the more detailed "how the world works in reality" explanation.
  • A white person interacting with police is more likely to be killed than a person of color in the same circumstances.
  • Police interact with people based primarily on reported crimes, and secondarily observed crimes.
  • Black people are more likely to be reported as engaged in criminal activity than white people, pro rata.
  • In reported crimes, the race of the victim and the alleged offender are overwhelmingly likely to be the same.
There is more but you get the idea - all this is verifiable statistical fact.

So, at the core of your complaint, is the fact that black people are more likely, per-capita to report a crime. If you think that's a problem, go fix it, but they're not dropping a dime because police officers are racists.
I read what you wrote. You're filtering your argument with "in the same circumstances," which ignores the reality that black people and white people rarely face the same circumstances.

I read what you wrote. You're filtering your argument with "in the same circumstances," which ignores the reality that black people and white people rarely face the same circumstances.
Obviously for a person to be killed by an officer, they must be interacting with the officer. When interacting with an officer, white men are the demographic most likely to be killed. That's just a fact, borne out by the FBI data.

The rest of the chain of events is largely out of officers hands.

If you want to have a nice flood of statistics on it, start a thread, make a falsifiable claim, and we'll go.

Most people don't understand how computer networks operate
I started with the internet in the mid '80's that is when I learned the term ISP. I was wildly happy just to get on a message board hosted by the local library (Lawton, Oklahoma) using dial-up a 300 baud modem and a Commodore 64. It went downhill from there, You are correct, I don't understand networks. I never had a Twitter account to drop, but I do not like what's going on.

Obviously for a person to be killed by an officer, they must be interacting with the officer. When interacting with an officer, white men are the demographic most likely to be killed. That's just a fact, borne out by the FBI data.

The rest of the chain of events is largely out of officers hands.

If you want to have a nice flood of statistics on it, start a thread, make a falsifiable claim, and we'll go.
We can all arm ourselves with lies, damn lies, and statistics. Here are a few statistics: black civilians are more likely to suffer mistreatment from police when not resisting than whites. Black drivers are more likely to be pulled over for no cause than whites. Black people are more likely to encounter police in general than white people. I'm sure we could throw statistics back and forth for days. Statistics can tell what, but rarely reveal why, and the devil is in the details.

But this has nothing to do with firearm forums. I'm going to go see if my Numrich order has arrived.

I started with the internet in the mid '80's that is when I learned the term ISP.
I started with a few local BBS's, and then a bit later Compuserve, all in the 80's, which was before the internet was really a thing for non government or educational use I believe. Certainly pre-WWW in those days. Had to know your protocols!

Then Compuserve, BiX, (shudder) AoL, and the rest started to bridge to the internet. Then, the next thing you know, ... Mosaic.

I started with a few local BBS's, and then a bit later Compuserve, all in the 80's, which was before the internet was really a thing for non government or educational use I believe. Certainly pre-WWW in those days. Had to know your protocols!

Then Compuserve, BiX, (shudder) AoL, and the rest started to bridge to the internet. Then, the next thing you know, ... Mosaic.
The 2600 days... that was the wild west.

Back on topic, we have the major social platforms, to this moment, still hosting content that actually incites violence in the legal sense (the actors are outside US jurisdiction) and then a lot of other content that, while maybe not quite being legally actionable, is certainly more explicit than what conservative voices are getting banned for.

Heck, from Feb 2nd until it went viral a few days ago, Amazon allowed a T shirt to be sold that simply said, in red letters on a black shirt, "Kill All Republicans" - physician, heal thyself.

But AR15 had to go. Apparently. But not for long, at least not this time.

Today I had to get a domain name registration returned to my name after it was transferred away from me without authorization. I was on the phone with a Network Solutions customer service representative and when she said it will take five days to complete the transfer, I asked (being a smart mouth) "you won't GoDaddy me, will you?" She laughed and told me not to worry, my services will continue uninterrupted. Her laugh and tone of voice indicated to me that it was not the first time she had heard someone using "GoDaddy" as a verb, and not a verb with positive connotations. ;) Clearly, she knew exactly what I meant.

Unfortunately, I have not found anyone who has been concerned that my domain name was transferred away from me without my authorization, or even notifying me of the transfer. :eek::rolleyes:

Fortunately, the recipient had no use for the name and was happy to enable transfer back to me.

As my domains come up for renewal, I'm transitioning away from GoDaddy. It's just a matter of practicality more than anything; I can't depend on any organization that's so capricious.

I started with the internet in the mid '80's that is when I learned the term ISP. I was wildly happy just to get on a message board hosted by the local library (Lawton, Oklahoma) using dial-up a 300 baud modem and a Commodore 64. It went downhill from there, You are correct, I don't understand networks. I never had a Twitter account to drop, but I do not like what's going on.

I am old school and ran a FidoNet Bulletin Board back in 1986. I had a 1200 baud modem at that time. I had an IBM-XT clone with 640k on the motherboard and had the same 8088 clock speed as the original IBM-XT system.

I majored in Computer Science so I had to shutdown my BBS since hard drive space was limited back then. I had a Seagate ST225 hard drive that had 20mb of space and me cost me over $550. The hard drive had its own controller card as well. I had to do a low level format first before doing a DOS format.

I had a summer job delivering water beds and used most of that money to buy that hard drive.

I am old school and ran a FidoNet Bulletin Board back in 1986. I had a 1200 baud modem at that time. I had an IBM-XT clone with 640k on the motherboard and had the same 8088 clock speed as the original IBM-XT system.

I majored in Computer Science so I had to shutdown my BBS since hard drive space was limited back then. I had a Seagate ST225 hard drive that had 20mb of space and me cost me over $550. The hard drive had its own controller card as well. I had to do a low level format first before doing a DOS format.

I had a summer job delivering water beds and used most of that money to buy that hard drive.
Nice! Most expensive hard drive I ever bought was a refurbed 18GB Quantum SCSI drive for $320. Later I spent $100 on some used Seagate Elite full height drives. 9lbs a piece. Had three in my tower at one point in an array. That was a heavy PC!

Damn, now I want go find a MUD or a MUSH.

A violent mob breaks into the US Capitol building, commits vandalism and murders, threatens the lives of members of US Congress and the Vice-President, interrupts the functioning of the government, and you want to dismiss it as "a few idiots?" Open your eyes man, the actions of the January 6th DC rioters bordered on treason.

In both the BLM and MAGA protests, the majority of the protesters were peaceful. But while property damage is bad, a physical assault on the heart of American democracy is an abomination.

I'd disagree but....what's the point in posting an alternate view (as I see things)? You've already drunk the KoolAid.

Aloha, Mark

Most expensive hard drive I ever bought was a refurbed 18GB Quantum SCSI drive for $320.
My first HD was a 49mb (yes mb) SCSI drive for my Amiga 2000. Later I wanted to back things up so I got a 40mb (...) removable platter HD that fit into the external 5.25 bay. A SCSI scanner, which is still in the box gathering dust. A SCSI ZipDrive came later.

Now a lot of computers don't even have removable drives.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top