JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Before excessive celebration sets in, Trump's ruling on gun shops is advisory only: DHS includes gun industry in 'critical infrastructure' advisory list during coronavirus crisis
No, the feds can't make a law requiring gunshops to be open in individual states. I personally wouldn't want them to try (or even an EO) because it would become just another "Orange Man Bad. Trump is Dumb" media sh*tshow and completely lose it's meaning. There's also Constitutional (10A) considerations.

The fact that the Trump administration was proactive in this matter is what's unusual and noteworthy. If this pandemic (and near-total shutdown) were occurring under any other president, they would have remained silent. Some would have been as openly hostile to 2A issues as they were during "peacetime". One, in particular, probably would have ordered gun and ammo sales halted from the very beginning , an order which many state governors would have happily taken and run with. Others would have simply ignored the subject completely.

No, it's not binding, just advisory. But it's the kind of affirmative acknowledgment that plays well for us.

Well then I advise President Trump to make it a directive....

Lets see I have his number 'round here somewhere....
Hello...Hello...President Trump...Yes , I'll hold....Hmmmm...are those helicopters that I hear....? :eek: :D
Andy
And tell him to make it snappy!

Open or not, Bellingham PD and Whatcom Co. Sheriff are no longer processing background checks!

So, it looks like the Bellingham city council gets their gun control wishes after all, thanks to the Bellingham PD and Whatcom Co. Sheriff.

Ray

Pretty much, the council passed it anyway asking the city attorney to look into it. It was a very unruly meeting with the council ending up vacating the room. I am doing some back door investigating to see who gave the order at both agencies. My suspicion is because of the governors non essential classification the WCSO didn't see a need. BPD I'm sure was done by the mayor. WCSO surprised me because the Sheriff is not anti-gun.
I've lived here for 53 years and frankly am ashamed and embarrassed to have to put Bellingham, Wa. in my address!

So, it looks like the Bellingham city council gets their gun control wishes after all, thanks to the Bellingham PD and Whatcom Co. Sheriff.

Ray

It seems there will be good challenges in court later on for infringed rights.

How can you make laws that require background checks then not perform the background check?

Or require FFL transfers and not open the store for the FFL to conduct business?

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews