JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I need to find my OFF book and read thru it again....but in the mean time I have a few questions.
I've been reading some laws and listening to different stories from different states that concern having a legally carried firearm in places that are:
1) a Bank
2) a place that serves alcohol (bar, restaurant, etc)
3) a place that sells alcohol (stores)

What are the laws for OR and WA?

All are OK if you have a CHL and are carrying concealed. Now if the places have no weapons signs then the trespassing laws apply. If they ask you to leave you best post haste. If you return packing they can trespass you and you get arrested.

In Washington, you can open carry or concealed carry in a bank. Not an issue legally. The bank may have rules, but there is no law against it.

Also, in Washington, if there is a liquor control board sign saying "No minors beyond this point" or whatever the actual wording is, you can't carry beyond that sign. In the restaurant that serves alcohol, you can carry, but not in the bar area.

Stores that sell liquor are just stores under Washington law, nothing different about them. You can even carry in liquor stores (open or concealed). No issue with the law. As stated, if the owner asks you to leave, leave.

In Washington, you can open carry or concealed carry in a bank. Not an issue legally. The bank may have rules, but there is no law against it.

Also, in Washington, if there is a liquor control board sign saying "No minors beyond this point" or whatever the actual wording is, you can't carry beyond that sign. In the restaurant that serves alcohol, you can carry, but not in the bar area.

Stores that sell liquor are just stores under Washington law, nothing different about them. You can even carry in liquor stores (open or concealed). No issue with the law. As stated, if the owner asks you to leave, leave.

This nails it.. correct

I thought this thread was about a new song
hahahaha

Guns, money and booze.
Trying for my dream job,
one you'd never want to loose.
But they don't want me at the BATF.

So...
Oregon
1) Ok (use common sense)
2) Ok (use common sense)
3) Ok (use common sense)

Washington
1) Ok (use common sense)
2) No (not in the area where alcohol is served)
3) Ok (use common sense)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads