JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me out. Will be at a BLM campground over the Fourth. As a CCL holder, are there restrictions against my ability to carry a firearm, or even have one in the campground? Any help appreciated, thanks.

Not sure about BLM camgrounds but I know that both at Ft. Stevens and Silver Falls they have changed the wording on their signs from where it used to read that it was "Illegal to possess" to "It's illegal to discharge". In both cases all they did was place a sticker over the old wording rather than having a whole new sign put up. Again those are State parks not BLM so YMMV

IIRC BLM is Federal land, (if I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will come along and correct me) being that it's Federal owned, you are allowed to carry. Just as you are allowed on any Federal land (minus govt. buildings and other restricted sites).

quote from BLM site: "BLM one of the top revenue-generating agencies in the Federal government."

If you're unsure, you can call BLM and ask ...here's a <broken link removed> .

Personally, I don't worry too much about carrying, I do it concealed. I would probably worry it if it was a privately owned campground.

Here's a link to the law that passed for National parks (measure 279-147) which in the artilce states that people are allowed to carry in National Parks just as they are on Federal lands.

link1(MSNBC)

"Hastings and other Republicans said the bill merely aligns national parks and wildlife refuges with regulations governing the national forests and property controlled by the Bureau of Land Management."

Hope that helps.Have fun camping!

Last Edited:
Anything on parks/campgrounds in washington? I have my washington CPL and am heading up camping this weekend. I think the place is owned by the power company up there or something like that. I don't ever remember seeing any signs against it, but then again I wasn't paying attention because I wasn't carrying back then.

Concealed means hidden from the view of others . The only people that should be aware of your armed status should be the folks you want to protect and in the most extreme situation , the unfortunate idiot that made it necessary for you to protect them .

An exception I found this last weekend was at Kah-Ne-Tah camping. That was because it is an Indian Reservation. :( For some reason they must have a problem with white guys with guns... :s0131:

Anything on parks/campgrounds in washington? I have my washington CPL and am heading up camping this weekend. I think the place is owned by the power company up there or something like that. I don't ever remember seeing any signs against it, but then again I wasn't paying attention because I wasn't carrying back then.

You may carry CC or OC in any park in Washington State. Washington has preempted all firearms laws regarding possession. You may carry in any city, county, state, National Forest or National Park in Washington State (National Parks are under Federal Control however, you cannot carry in a building even though there is an exemption in the USC).
RCW 9.41.050 covers concealed carry in Washington. RCW 9.41.060 covers the exemptions (see specifically section 8) on having a CPL.
(8) Any person engaging in a lawful outdoor recreational activity such as hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, or horseback riding, only if, considering all of the attendant circumstances, including but not limited to whether the person has a valid hunting or fishing license, it is reasonable to conclude that the person is participating in lawful outdoor activities or is traveling to or from a legitimate outdoor recreation area.

As far as National Forests in Oregon and Washington I have a letter from the Regional Forrester covering weapons in a National Forest. You can download a copy here:
<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads