JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just drove through Stayton and their Ace Hardware store had a sign advertising firearms and ammo for sale. I didn't have time to stop and check it out but I'll have to stop by at some point to see what they have instock. Does anybody know if this is going to be a common thing for Ace? That would sure be nice.

I stopped going to Ace when I went in to buy a key blank for impressioning a lock and they wanted to charge me the same price as a cut key. I told the guy that the ACE I used to go to only charged 1.00 not 2.99 he didnt care so I never went back.

Remember when GI Joe's changed to Joes.. and then went out of business? Well I noticed that Ace's jingle changed from "man" to "folks".. I wonder.
When Mr. Clean is changed to Amorphous Cleaning Entity, I'll be looking for the four horsemen. sayin. feh

Back in the day, Ace HW (Coast-to-Coast) was my go-to when I was in need of a new firearm. Their lay-away plan made it very inviting for me to gain a new rifle.
The prices were always higher than most other places, but at the time, I was building my credit. They served me well over the years. How they are these days, I doubt there will be good "stock up" and save prices. They'll likely be more of a obscure source.

Aside from my dealings and experiences with Boushers in Mt Angle and possible Brooks hardware I wasn't around during the time of your "good ol" neighborhood hardware store. Although my West Salem Ace is pretty good and quite helpful.

The owner of Stayton Ace Hardware decided on his own to become an FFL dealer and put in a gun counter he put in a small gun counter the response was very good he has expanded he now sells handguns rifles shotguns ammunition and some assessories it's a small store but worth supporting

Aside from my dealings and experiences with Boushers in Mt Angle and possible Brooks hardware I wasn't around during the time of your "good ol" neighborhood hardware store. Although my West Salem Ace is pretty good and quite helpful.
west salem ace is where i get my set screws for aero precision lower receiver rear take down pin. only place i can find them so i bought 8 last time at .25 cents a piece :D

The Ace Hardware store in Arlington Oregon... Not only do they sell guns and ammo, it is also a liquor store. One stop shopping as it was meant to be.

WAYNO.

I miss the days before "Ace" or "Coast to coast", Or "True Value". Now those were hardware stores!
You could buy a new lens for your flashlight.
Now you gotta buy the whole flashlight with batteries in it.

Ace Hardware stores are all individually owned franchises. Brian is the owner of the Ace in question, I haven't been in there since I moved away but I know he's a gun guy; I sold him an AR a few years ago when I was working for a dealer.

It seems to be up to the individual franchisees to decide what they will and won't carry. I'm glad he's decided to carry guns though!

yes indeed,it's the Ace in Florence,Or that sells firearms, ammo, knives ,etc.
Ive not done any price comparing yet. We hve 4 places to buy guns in Florence...even the Pro Lumber lumber yard.

The Ace out in La Grande has got it all! they have hunting gear, reloading supplies,rifles including AR's and AR accessories pistols. Its definitely worth a stop if your in the area, its a big selection and good stop during hunting season.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top