Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Firearms at Ace Hardware

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by tanzuki, Apr 1, 2016.

1. tanzuki

tanzuki Salem Active Member

Just drove through Stayton and their Ace Hardware store had a sign advertising firearms and ammo for sale. I didn't have time to stop and check it out but I'll have to stop by at some point to see what they have instock. Does anybody know if this is going to be a common thing for Ace? That would sure be nice.

clearconscience likes this.
  2. SHPD_Retired

SHPD_Retired Saint Helens Well-Known Member

I think that this might be one of the old time Ace stores. Our Ace here in St. Helens used to carry guns but went away from it years ago.

3. pietro beretta

pietro beretta Spokane, WA Active Member 2016 Volunteer

I find it weird, some Freddie's sell Powder and Ammo while others don't. Same thing for ACE I suppose.

4. Capn Jack

Capn Jack Wet-Stern Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I believe Ace is a Franchised Store. The one in Mount Vernon doesn't even sell pellets.:eek: :(

v0lcom13sn0w and Brutus57 like this.
  5. TM-Salem

TM-Salem Salem Active Member

I stopped going to Ace when I went in to buy a key blank for impressioning a lock and they wanted to charge me the same price as a cut key. I told the guy that the ACE I used to go to only charged 1.00 not 2.99 he didnt care so I never went back.

6. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Remember when GI Joe's changed to Joes.. and then went out of business? Well I noticed that Ace's jingle changed from "man" to "folks".. I wonder.
    When Mr. Clean is changed to Amorphous Cleaning Entity, I'll be looking for the four horsemen. sayin. feh

nwwoodsman, Slobray, Mikej and 4 others like this.
  7. 2A2Dend

2A2Dend .. Well-Known Member

Back in the day, Ace HW (Coast-to-Coast) was my go-to when I was in need of a new firearm. Their lay-away plan made it very inviting for me to gain a new rifle.
    The prices were always higher than most other places, but at the time, I was building my credit. They served me well over the years. How they are these days, I doubt there will be good "stock up" and save prices. They'll likely be more of a obscure source.

8. tanzuki

tanzuki Salem Active Member

Aside from my dealings and experiences with Boushers in Mt Angle and possible Brooks hardware I wasn't around during the time of your "good ol" neighborhood hardware store. Although my West Salem Ace is pretty good and quite helpful.

v0lcom13sn0w likes this.
  9. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The owner of Stayton Ace Hardware decided on his own to become an FFL dealer and put in a gun counter he put in a small gun counter the response was very good he has expanded he now sells handguns rifles shotguns ammunition and some assessories it's a small store but worth supporting

spookshack and P7id10T like this.
  10. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Silverton Ace has a large selection of ammo and a whole aisle of shooting and hunting accessories

P7id10T likes this.
  11. David Bowman

David Bowman Beaverton OR Archer Defense Concepts

I do like me some old time hardware stores where someone knew what they were talking about when you asked them a question.

Firearms and ammo sales would just sweeten the deal.

GuyBMeredith and misterarman like this.
  12. P7id10T

P7id10T Cedar Hills Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Heck, does the NAPA store on Hwy 22 in Lyons still sell ammo? Did it ever sell firearms? They were always closed when I would pass by at odd hours.

13. Capn Jack

Capn Jack Wet-Stern Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

There is a large ACE Hardware in Oak Harbor that has a nice sporting section with guns,
    ammo and reloading equipment. :)

14. v0lcom13sn0w

v0lcom13sn0w Keizer, or Well-Known Member

west salem ace is where i get my set screws for aero precision lower receiver rear take down pin. only place i can find them so i bought 8 last time at .25 cents a piece :D

15. ditchtiger

ditchtiger In the sticks, Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

A hardware store in Florence sells firearms, I think it's an Ace store.

Throckmorton and v0lcom13sn0w like this.
  16. WAYNO

WAYNO Oregon City Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

The Ace Hardware store in Arlington Oregon... Not only do they sell guns and ammo, it is also a liquor store. One stop shopping as it was meant to be.

WAYNO.

spookshack and Capn Jack like this.
  17. thorborg

thorborg portland oregon Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I miss the days before "Ace" or "Coast to coast", Or "True Value". Now those were hardware stores!
    You could buy a new lens for your flashlight.
    Now you gotta buy the whole flashlight with batteries in it.

Throckmorton, Slobray and Capn Jack like this.
  18. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

Ace Hardware stores are all individually owned franchises. Brian is the owner of the Ace in question, I haven't been in there since I moved away but I know he's a gun guy; I sold him an AR a few years ago when I was working for a dealer.

It seems to be up to the individual franchisees to decide what they will and won't carry. I'm glad he's decided to carry guns though!

spookshack likes this.
  19. Throckmorton

Throckmorton Florence,Ore ah gone Well-Known Member

yes indeed,it's the Ace in Florence,Or that sells firearms, ammo, knives ,etc.
    Ive not done any price comparing yet. We hve 4 places to buy guns in Florence...even the Pro Lumber lumber yard.

20. winchester270

winchester270 Lafayette Active Member

The Ace out in La Grande has got it all! they have hunting gear, reloading supplies,rifles including AR's and AR accessories pistols. Its definitely worth a stop if your in the area, its a big selection and good stop during hunting season.