JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status

Firearms are the Leading Cause of Death for Children

Firearms don't "cause" anything. They are a means. This is another blatant manipulation tactic

Let me illustrate:
Suicide is the leading cause of death for children. Well, we need to do something to reduce suicide to save the kids. Let's figure out why this is happening and start there.

Car accidents are the leading cause of death for children. Well, we need to do something to reduce injury from car accidents to save kids. Let's figure out why this is happening and start there.

Drowning is the leading cause of death for children. Well, we need to something to reduce the amount of drownings to save kids. Let's figure out why this is happening and start there.

Gun violence is the leading cause of death for children. Well, we need to ban guns. Why is irrelevant.

At 17, my grandfather was married, with a kid on the way. He dropped out of school after 5th grade and got as job, working like a man. Maturity is both biological and cultural.

I have four nephews for comparison, from two families. The two on the one side are both in their 30's, and are worthless punks. They never grew up (never had to) and have the mentality of teenagers. I believe one is homeless, or at least nobody has seen him in quite a while.

The other two from another family are both productive members of society, raising families of their own. One brother joined the army right out of high school, became a Ranger. His younger brother, not to be outdone, joined the Marine Corps when he graduated, and went to sniper school.

I agree; gang violence is a separate issue, and it's completely disingenuous to include gang violence stats with "children" stats.

Firearms are now the number one cause of death for children in the United States, but rank no higher than fifth in 11 other large and wealthy countries.

Guns – including accidental deaths, suicides, and homicides – killed 4,357 children (ages 1-19 years old) in the United States in 2020, or roughly 5.6 per 100,000 children.

What do you think the up tic if from? I think it's Mostly suicides and just the tool that they use so a mental health problem maybe. What you guys think?
This is complete bologna bs gun-grabber skewed media. If you don't add in 17, 18, and 19 year olds the data changes completely. Actual children, those that are not juvenile, but actual children, abortion, choking and car crashes are the biggest killer. This is what happens when the CDC is left in charge of "reporting"
"statistics"

This is complete bologna bs gun-grabber skewed media. If you don't add in 17, 18, and 19 year olds the data changes completely. Actual children, those that are not juvenile, but actual children, abortion, choking and car crashes are the biggest killer. This is what happens when the CDC is left in charge of "reporting"
"statistics"

What age group are aborted children in? Is there a negative grouping?

What age group are aborted children in? Is there a negative grouping?
First you have to unpack how age is determined. The historical use of "birthday" isn't scientifically correct if we are addressing the actual age of development of the child. It historically served as an easy method, but it isn't scientifically accurate.

A child born at 7 months of development on the same day as a child at 9 months of development will have the same birthday, but the 9 month old will be truthfully older.

Life begins at conception, therefore age begins at conception. It just makes for easy math not to count the about 9 months.

When people ask me how old my child is, I let them know. Age+9 months. It was my child the whole time throughout the development.

So to answer your question, the age of most babies killed by planned parenthood is somewhere in the range of 0-9 months post conception. Liberals keep trying to outdo their evilness though and advocate for murder, 'abortion' - post birth.

If the left really cared about saving children, guns wouldn't be their primary target, but planned parenthood funnels a bunch of money to them so there's that.

That's a bit like saying it isn't teen pregnancy if the teen was a prostitute.
And the contrarian is back, to dispute everything. My ignore list is short and it takes a lot to make it. Where's that button again…

Ah, there we go. That guy is a real troll. The forum should be a little nicer without him.

Hey now....some of my guns are percussion...so that would be 19th century...:D
Andy
maxresdefault-9.jpg

Ba dumm tssss

Firearms are now the number one cause of death for children in the United States,
NO they are not.

The only way they could get to the point of being able to say that, "guns are the leading cause of death in children," is by including 18 and/or 19 year olds in the data. I don't know a single person who considers an 18 or 19 year old a child. Those are adults.

And most of those 18 and 19 year old deaths are gang related...as are the 15, 16, and 17 year old deaths.

Now personally, when I think of a "child" I think of 12 and under...as do most people. But I could at least understand if they included, up to, 17 year olds. But ask yourself why is this being done? If this problem is so bad, then why do they need to include non adults in the definition of a child?

And the reason is, that they are trying to emotionally manipulate you in order to further their political agenda. How are we ever going to start solving these problems if we can't be honest and ethical about the data?

Oh yea, that's right...it's not about solving the problem, it's not about saving lives, it's not about "common sense" solutions. It's about furthering a political agenda. PERIOD. :rolleyes:

Last I checked the leading cause of death for all age4 groups was medical malpractice by a LARGE margin. I wonder what the qualifiers were on this study?

this is why I brought this up as a father This concerns me not that I think the gun should just go away I just want to know the facts and what we should do to vote to prevent stuff like this and how we should teach our children. There's definitely a battle going on right now between good and bad in this country.

Critical thinking and open conversations
As many have pointed out... the "stats" are greatly skewed. If you consider that the national average of firearm related deaths... 60% are suicides. If you also consider that among "children"... 60% of firearm related deaths are in the 17-19yr olds and largely attributable to gang and other illegal activity.. By the time you loosely subtract the percentages on top of the percentages, "children" ages 1-16... the leading causes of death to fireams ranking falls off a cliff. (Not to beat a dead donkey)

You also can not legislate morality, and unfortunately, the morality of others is something that is generally outside of anyone's control.

Rep Hunt I think did an outstanding job presenting some very eye opening facts about the general decay in our societies priorities over the past couple of decades... and leading causes of violent crimes, IMHO.

(Link begins at the 2min mark and the most pertinent in the 2min that follow)

It is frustrating, but ducking our heads in the sand and wishing violent crime away, or firearms for that matter, is pure fantasy. The only viable approach, IMO, it to recognize the realities in which we live and respond accordingly. For schools and other sensitive areas... that means hardening them to protect our children. At home... that means being able to meet force on force by accepting the responsibility each person has to keep themselves and the ones they love safe.

I'm positive this is a bullsheet statistic. If we're not counting abortions, pretty sure even the cdc was saying automobile accidents where the biggest non-disease cause of child death until here recently …then they change it to automobile accidents for children to only count 0-12yrs of age…then they say firearms are the new big killer and say kids 0-19yrs of age …and guessing include any death with a firearm including gang related, shot by police in commission of crime, shot in self defense, shot accidentally etc etc (but we will imply it is all murder and mass shootings at schools and the like)::. then fluff the numbers up some more just because…and just make sure you keep repeating it on tv news internet until the masses think it's truth and walah look new valid statistic 🤣

Statistically speaking, 50% of statistics are statistically inaccurate and the rest are made up. My opinion unless the statistics say otherwise 😂

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top