JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Obama says he doesn't want mentally disturbed people having guns so he proposes banning the guns people want the most, and in the process is making thousands of crazy people trying to buy what they can in a frantic rage and price gougers taking advantage. Just saying.

So, ignore it and buy what didn't go up.

Obamacare will probably classify gun owners as mentally disturbed and deny coverage to them unless they turn all their guns in anyway.

isn't 'der fuehrer' only going after adjudicated "crazies," since personal medical records are private? if not, then what would the definition be of "crazy"? would my grandmother be considered "crazy" for taking prozac following the death of her second husband? felons cannot own guns, but their status as "felon" was derived through court proceedings. subsequently, are they expanding their enforcement of restricting firearms from being possessed by adjudicated crazies (who are banned via due process)--or is the government expanding its scope, going beyond due process, thereby seeking to ban anyone it wants (by labeling any individual it wants as "crazy," while restricting such individuals from pursuing any legal recourse/challenge of their label as "prohibited persons")? although the individuals involved in the shootings this past year were definitely "off," i haven't come across anything stipulating they were adjudicated as a "prohibited person." how on earth is any federal background check proposal going to limit the possession of firearms from "crazies" if the examples the democrats cling to as dogma concern murderers who were never adjudicated and thus never "prohibited"? the murderers were not felons, either stole their weapons or purchased them through common legal means (gun stores), were never adjudicated by a judge as mentally ill (and thus not institutionalized via due process), and yet the "background check" process is under scrutiny? what gives?

tell me, who will be affected by 'der fuehrer's' "putsch" against gun ownership? i would really like to know how they're planning on expanding their "pre-crime" division to seek out the non-adjudicated "mentally ill"? (i realize i keep repeating myself, but if they remove due process in the name of prohibiting the "mentally ill" from firearm ownership, then who are the "mentally ill"? who decides whether or not a person is mentally ill? NO ONE WILL BE PROTECTED--MENTALLY ILL, OR NOT.)

Ive always been against laws that qualify as a "pre-crime" even our DWI to a certain extent qualify as heavy penalties for a "pre-crime" (Well you COULD do something) even if no one is hurt in the process. It's like that science fiction movie, minority report, where they arrest people long before they actually commit any crime.

Most of our mentally ill are not receiving treatment, nor do they wind up in the criminal justice system. Expanding the laws to affect people who haven't even been charged with anything is definitely a "big brother" style dictatorship to transform this country from a free nation into one of peasants and serfdom.

Im also a little annoyed that all my favorite firearms, Uzi, AK-47 and FiveseveN that I have been wanting to buy for years, have more than doubled in price in light of recent events.

Obviously banning non-violent non-sex offender felon's from owning firearms really hasn't done much, since a lot of the mass killers never have a felony on their records.

Ive always been against laws that qualify as a "pre-crime" even our DWI to a certain extent qualify as heavy penalties for a "pre-crime" (Well you COULD do something) even if no one is hurt in the process. It's like that science fiction movie, minority report, where they arrest people long before they actually commit any crime.

Risk versus benefit. I am a law-abiding American, can I have a stockpile of RDX in my garage, please ? I promise I won't hurt anybody!

Its a slippery slope fd15k on a very wide range of issues that involves sacrificing some element to freedom in a free society for some form of security. Look at the war on drugs, its involved the mass incarceration of entire communities and millions of American's but I think its safe to say, no matter what problems may have been incurred by not making drugs illegal, that the war on drugs has ruined far more lives than it has helped.

As for DWI, well MADD started with a good cause, but turned into a neo-prohibitionist organization, thats not my words, thats the words of Candy Lightner, who founded the organization and found it quickly devolved into an extremist anti-alcohol organization not long after she created it. Really if MADD had its way you would go to jail for 5 years in prison if you blew so much as .01 on the breathalyzer, and they want to put breathalyzers on all new cars sold in the US market. You are assumed guilty and have to prove your innocence prior to driving.

edit: Getting back on topic though, Senator Feinstein is trying to make this country into some kind of liberal utopia that has no guns in society. I think the absolute worse would be if the Social Conservatives teamed up with Feinstein for a truly 1984 style society.

You should watch that movie Demolition man, all vices are illegal, and guns are only located in museums. People don't even have sex anymore and toilet paper has been replaced with 3 sea shells since someone somewhere along the time line found something immoral with toilet paper and made it illegal. Cops write you tickets for swearing in public.

I remember in cubscouts we had some christian right winger as one of the den fathers and he showed us how to make a fake fire out of concern that the children would get burned making a real one. My dad on the other hand wasn't opposed to the risk of a kid getting hurt in the process of learning a valuable skills. Oh and real pocket knives and violent video games were big no no's for that den father, atleast for his kids. And his kids weren't even allowed to have sugar.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top