JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My problem is the subjective nature.

We used to say that killing was wrong. Cain/Able. Then, Self Defense is OK, War is OK. So, Murder is wrong. (manslaughter too) What about to save anothers life - like conjoined persons? What if I don't want one?

Nation of Laws, requires we have a set of unchanging laws. And even our Constitution is considered a living breathing document. There I thought it was set in stone. If you wanted to change it, go thru a difficult thoughtful process.

I am very wary of any laws which are based upon intent. Hate Speech as an example.

Prohibit actions. Assign punishment on the circumstances.
You were speeding = you are guilty. Every time. If you were racing to get someone to the hospital your punishment would be different than someone just speeding to work, vs someone in heavy traffic - vs- rural areas.

If you are going to stop people from purchasing or transferring FA due to POT usage. Then do the same for SSRI usage. And Opiod usage. How about a diagnosis of depression?

Having a root canal, get the prescription filled for an opioid. No purchasing / transferring of FA until you are cleared by your doctor ( ie determined that you have no more, no longer potentially under the influence )

Just because you opened a bottle, doesn't mean you can't protect yourself. It is probably a bad idea to go out with your FA when you are being influenced that way.

Complicated - like in the area of the Tax code. Then lets go with No restrictions. And back to if you do X you are guilty.

Why does it seem like drunk drivers get away with murder? He killed a guy, but he was drunk so short jail time. How is being under the influence an ok thing. Maybe my perception of this is incorrect and those who kill people with their cars are getting life sentences.

It took the DOJ, a Federal Agency, to bring the charges. All that matters to California is the political fallout with whoever the politicians are pandering to. I hope the citizens wake up in time. This can be solved by guest worker reforms that require alien workers to enter legally. The problem is that politicians lose control over them and the employers have to pay and treat them fairly. It would at least help to keep people like Zarate from entering.

Not to be outdone, Portland has it's own version Illegal Alien Convicted of Sexual Assault Deported from U.S. 20 Times - Breitbart

Though here it was only kidnappings and sexual assaults. Ain't it wunnerful to live in a Sanctuary State where the Governor has prevented state employees from cooperating with the Federal agencies that are supposed to protect us from those monsters? Same for Sanctuary Cities and Counties that do the same?

"Court documents filed in March show that U.S. officials <broken link removed> Martinez 20 times for several probation violations after being convicted of felony burglary and for crossing into the U.S. illegally.

Officials freed Martinez from a Portland-area jail a week before the July 24 attacks, after he was accused of interfering with police and giving a false birth date.

Martinez had been released despite Immigration and Customs Enforcement's (ICE) request to the jail to keep him there until the agency could take him into custody.

In a separate instance, officials released him from Multnomah County Jail into the community without notifying ICE in December 2016 after he faced kidnapping, sodomy, robbery, and assault charges in a separate case."

ICE wanted the local authorities to notify them when Martinez was set to be released.
Yeah, sure, Martinez will serve the full 35 years. I bet that he will be quietly freed and deported in three years and back in Portland or other Sanctuary ready to rape again a few months later.

Are we seriously going to keep taking this crap from our elected officials, I mean rulers?

No, I'm implying that we had this conversation so many times over the past, and warned this very scenario would happen, and also the virtues of personal freedom and the "harmlessness" of marijuana, ad nausea.

Only an ideologically blind doofus would not have seen this scenario coming. :rolleyes:

What a creative, back-door, BS way to take people's gun rights. I have to seriously wonder if they pushed for legalized recreational use of MJ for this very reason - they knew it would cost at least some people their rights. These devious bastards are dirty, low-down and dirty. Rotten to the core. Never trust a politician, no matter what party they're affiliated with.

What a creative, back-door, BS way to take people's gun rights. I have to seriously wonder if they pushed for legalized recreational use of MJ for this very reason - they knew it would cost at least some people their rights. These devious bastards are dirty, low-down and dirty. Rotten to the core. Never trust a politician, no matter what party they're affiliated with.

More votes from one side, more tyranny to the other side.

I don't have any Problem with the Enforcement of the "Pot User" don't get Firearms.
If you drink alcohol you may want to reconsider this line of reasoning. The pot/gun take-away could gain traction and suddenly casual users of alcohol find themselves in the same boat. Ever been prescribed with anti-depressants? Ever been legally prescribed pain killers? Ever had to attend an anger-management class? Ever had a restraining order placed against you? Ever been divorced? Recently been fired from your job? Depending on who is in control at the moment, there are many ways that this could go. The end goal, of course, is always the same: Take away the guns.

Notice no one ever talks about WHO is going to come and get all those guns. Pretty sure that no one in law enforcement is interested in having that job.

If the infamous encyclopedist William Godwin were alive today; he would be proud of how the Left's re-defining of what they like or dislike has enabled them to effect so much change away from Individual Liberty.

Encyclopedist = re-define :oops:

It's like a boa constrictor - every time you compromise you effective breath out and the snake of common sense tyranny constricts a bit more. How long before you can't breath anymore?

I'm for individual liberty as our country was founded. The balance of power between the government and citizens IMO was perfect in 1791 and the tyrants have been working to take individual freedoms away ever since. It's your body and you own it. Put whatever crap you want in it, but don't expect me to pay for it.

The NFA was a response to the fear of the government from WW1 vets who protested to get the benefits promised them during the depression. Washington effectively pissed themselves in the fear that these trained veterans had the audacity to require them to keep their promise.

Marijuana prohibition was a response by government tyrants to persecute Hispanics and blacks. It was specifically used as a tool to crush the soaring economy in the "Black Wall Street" area of Harlem.

The 1968 GCA was a response to Black Panthers arming themselves. As much as I loath their tactics they were exercising their inalienable right to self defense.

ALL attacks on individual liberties are related, and perhaps in there is the key to resistance.

Now that I think about it; I still don't have a Problem with the Enforcement of the "Pot User" don't get Firearms.:):):)

Never hurts to keep an open mind about things. Ever been wrong about something?

Curious, do you use any prescription meds?

Many prescription medications have side effects such as dizzyness, and spatial disorentation. Perhaps it would be best if we also banned any prescription medication users from posessing firearms also. We'd be a lot safer. Less mass shootings, etc.

The ~fact is, that a very large percentage of cannabis users are taking derivative products for pain, nausea, inflammation, and imsomnia that don't have any detectable side effects at all, and don't contain any THC (the stuff that makes one high). I was really opposed to it until I personally observed all the ill people being helped by it.

No guns: Ohio's medical marijuana users won't be able to have firearms

People who register with the state of Ohio to legally use medical marijuana will be prohibited from possessing firearms under federal law, according to guidance released by the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.

In an open letter to federally licensed firearms dealers, the ATF advised in 2011 that marijuana is still a Schedule I controlled substance under federal law so any use of the drug is unlawful, and gun dealers are prohibited from providing guns or ammo to anyone they have cause to believe uses pot.

"There are no exceptions in federal law for marijuana purportedly used for medicinal purposes, even if such is sanctioned by state law," the memo says.

The law applies to more than just buying guns. The ATF letter says marijuana users are prohibited from "shipping, transporting, receiving or possessing firearms or ammunition."

Anyone applying to purchase a gun from a licensed dealer must sign a form attesting he or she is not "an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance."

"Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside," the form notes.

Lying on the form is a felony under federal law, punishable with up to 10 years in prison.

"There is definitely a conflict between the state laws and the federal laws," said Joe Eaton, southwest Ohio spokesman for the Buckeye Firearms Association.

It's not clear how to reconcile that conflict, he said, "We are confused as everyone else at this point."

When Ohio's medical marijuana program becomes operational in September 2018, Ohioans will be able to register to use cannabis if they have a recommendation from a physician saying they have one of 21 qualifying conditions.

Industry analysts have estimated as many of 24 percent of the state's population – or about 2.8 million Ohioans – have a qualifying condition.

The conflict between federal firearms laws and state cannabis laws has flared up on other states.

In Hawaii, Honolulu police last month told residents who had medical marijuana cards they have 30 days to turn in their firearms to authorities, according to reports in the Honolulu Star Advertiser.

The Associated Press reports that a federal circuit court of appeals ruling on a case out of Nevada found that the federal ban on the sale of guns to medical marijuana users doesn't violate the Second Amendment.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top