JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have given pistols to both of my sons. How do I transfer the ownership of the guns to them? I live in the state of Washington and I am concerned that they are properly transferred. They both live in California and I know the one is California compliant (firearm that is), the other one my son had to change the magazines in order for it to be compliant. They were both residents of Washington at the time of the transfers but now they are in California. Thanks for any help.

I have given pistols to both of my sons. How do I transfer the ownership of the guns to them? I live in the state of Washington and I am concerned that they are properly transferred. They both live in California and I know the one is California compliant (firearm that is), the other one my son had to change the magazines in order for it to be compliant. They were both residents of Washington at the time of the transfers but now they are in California. Thanks for any help.

There is nothing to do for a transfer between immediate family members in WA, as WA residents. As CA residents, NOW you would have to ship through an FFL in CA. If it's already done, then there is nothing to do.

When they moved to California they had a 60 day deadline to register the guns with the state as a new resident. $19 fee, one form to register all guns.

I have given pistols to both of my sons. How do I transfer the ownership of the guns to them? I live in the state of Washington and I am concerned that they are properly transferred..........Thanks for any help.

(if they are mentally stable) You hand them the pistols unloaded and the muzzle pointing towards yourself..... Kind of like how you properly hand another person a knife.

I know this sounds sarcastic.

- P

Last Edited:
The California registration statute says that if the only reason the state knows the new resident blew the deadline is because the new resident registered the guns late, then they can't be charged with late registration. The key is double checking that each gun is California legal before registering it. That question gets complicated quickly.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top