JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I forget .
You may not know but here in Washington.
When you buy a handgun .
Not only do you fill out a 4473 .
But you have to do a handgun transfer paper work witch ask questions about how long you have lived in Washington.

But you don't live in Washington and you got a RIFLE .
If you live in Washington and want to buy a handgun you have to have lived in Washington for 90 days .lol don't tell me I'm wrong I have just filled out the paperwork 4 times in the last two weeks.
OP said buy a firearm - not handgun.

You said to buy a gun you have to be a resident for 90 days.

A rifle is a gun.

Uh no? Unless the law changed recently?

I bought a rifle in WA. I believe I still can.

Now a handgun? Yes, in any state, you have to be a resident of that state to buy a handgun. Federal law.

But I don't believe you have to be a resident for 90 days.

This is correct. You do need to be a resident of Washington to buy a handgun in Washington. You can establish residency long before 90 days have elapsed.

Generally, a 90 day residency requirement in most states is for resident tuition status at colleges.

When I lived in WA state (for 25 years) I do not recall any forms saying I had to live there for 90 days to buy a firearm or a handgun, but maybe the law changed since I moved to Orygun?

I would like to see said form and/or law cited.

The Washington pistol transfer application asks if the transferee has lived at that address 90 days or more. This is not a prerequisite to buying the pistol by law. If the purchaser has lived in Washington less than 90 days then the RCW gives the reviewing law enforcement agency the option to delay the transaction if certain reasons for concern are present. The LE agency is not required to delay the transaction. That information on the form helps inform the agency what their procedural options are.

Generally, a 90 day residency requirement in most states is for resident tuition status at colleges.

When I lived in WA state (for 25 years) I do not recall any forms saying I had to live there for 90 days to buy a firearm or a handgun, but maybe the law changed since I moved to Orygun?

I would like to see said form and/or law cited.
Well like I said I'm done with the B S when was the last time you bought a gun in Washington .
The laws change every week and I doubt you have been in Washington in the last year.
So.
There is that .
No offense but .
Like I said I have been filling out 4473 paperwork at least once a week for the last 4 months.
Don't think I don't have them memorize .
I can do it with my eyes closed.

Ok.

I have been a resident of Washington at the address above for the previous consecutive 90 days. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Yes No

https://www.dol.wa.gov/forms/652001.pdf

So it seems the law has changed.

But what I replied to was a statement about a gun, not specifically a handgun. That is why I replied.

Now maybe to you a rifle is not a gun and a gun is not a rifle - some are taught that way - but "gun" technically covers all firearms, and is used colloquially as such.

So we were possibly talking past each other.:s0092:

Then for a handgun after you fill out the 4473 you have to fill out the pistol form witch ask how long you have lived in Washington.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top