JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wondering why so many want to trade instead of just selling firearms? Is there some workaround bgc for trades? I see things I'm interested in, but don't want to trade anything I get trades, or trades with cash either way, but why no cash price and trades only?
What am I missing here?

Regardless of goods or funds exchanged, a transfer is a transfer, so a bgc would have to be performed (unless the deal is taking place between immediate family members). I guess some people are more interested in getting a gun instead of cash with which they could buy a gun.
A little while ago I offered someone cash for a pistol which they were looking to trade- they said no. I get it- if you're not short on funds horse trading is more fun than just exchanging things for money (in my opinion).

Trading as BlackRyder said is more fun.
( At least for me as well )
The BGC is a pain no matter what is done , either cash or trade.
I do think that now that you have to have a BGC , has made folks think twice about buying or trading for a new to them gun.
( At least those that follow or obey a useless law... )
Andy

With it being law now I would think that if you didn't get a bgc and someone robbed a bank or killed someone with that gun and then squealed on you, you could become accessory to that crime. Especially if the bgc would have came back flagged for that person. If you're dealing with an over zealous DA then you're hosed. I'm not a proponent of any more gun laws, there's already enough out there. The new bgc law puts the liabilty back to the seller. Who know what they will try to come up with next. My guess is that kBrown is on the phone with the govs in NY, CA, WA and MA every night trying to get pointers. It's amazig how much freedom we still have lweft in Oregon.

Sometimes a trade is the straightest distance between two points. Say I bought a gun and it was new, exciting and different.... for a little while, and then the new wore off and niggling little issues were noticed, so I want to try something else. It would be easiest to find someone with the exact opposite issues and trade with them. Or as I did recently at a gun show, found the gun I wanted, tried to make gun+cash trade and got low-balled on the trade. so I walked the pistol around until I found a cash buyer and then took the cash+cash back to the first dealer and bought the pistol. From my perspective I could have been in and out in 15 mins but it took 2hrs instead. From the dealers maybe cash is easier to pack up and take home rather than just one more gun.

Sometimes you can come out on top in a straight trade or trade plus cash.

I know I made off like a bandit on one trade and the other guy was tickled pink about the deal and was well aware of what the guns retailed for.

I am a life long horse trader. I have found, when I am bored with a gun, and am interested in another, too often if I sell my gun, the one I want is not available. In the meantime, I spend the money.

Sometimes I have my eye on a relatively hard to find gun. And I also may have relatively hard to find guns, to sell. My scarce gun could well be the only bait to get the scarce gun I'm looking for.

WAYNO.

I am a life long horse trader. I have found, when I am bored with a gun, and am interested in another, too often if I sell my gun, the one I want is not available. In the meantime, I spend the money.

Sometimes I have my eye on a relatively hard to find gun. And I also may have relatively hard to find guns, to sell. My scarce gun could well be the only bait to get the scarce gun I'm looking for.

WAYNO.

Or you could put your gun up for well under the value price and have no one buy it for months... What's up with thato_O.

From my personal experience, I listed a few items strictly for trade because I didn't want to go through the hassle of 2 searches and 2 transactions. If I sell my gun I have to find a seller. When I get the cash, I have to search for what I want and then do the bgc for that. With a trade, we each get what we want and we get it squared away with one meet at an ffl. Just a few weeks ago I had an ar for trade as I was looking for another ak. Found a trading partner on here and afterwards we were both happy campers.

Trade values are preceived and can fluctuate greatly, i.e. If you need a carry gun and someone else feels the need for an AR15 and has an extra CC then monetary concerns become secondary often - especially if you have accessories or ammo to add to the deal.

Or you could put your gun up for well under the value price and have no one buy it for months... What's up with thato_O.

Wow! Sold the Ruger American Pistol, and acquired a Marlin .357 in the same deal! Amazing how things work out some times.:D

WAYNO.

Trading is fun its really that simple so many variables . I think the back ground check thing really puts a dent it but the barter system as been around for a long time.

Several reasons for trading

Sometimes a person just can't find what they want so they offer something of a little more value hoping that someone who has it might come forth.

sometimes a person has a bunch of stuff that they don't want to bother selling pc by pc and rather than giving someone a great cash deal would rather trade all the small stuff even though they know its worth more than the item they are looking for to entice someone who has more time than they do to sell the stuff in the group that they do not want.

Its just more fun to get something new to you when getting rid of something old to you.

And sometimes its just a want factor. I want that he wants this no brainer.

and there are so many more reasons for trading

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top