JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Many people ask me what firearms I would recommend for them. The answer, in some ways, is not as simple as one would expect. First off, as a caveat, there is no "one size fits all" firearm. Ever. What may work best for a 40 year old widow that has to travel a lot and has arthritis isn't going to be what is best for the 20 year old that runs and rides their bike everywhere in town.

In a nutshell, this is what I tell people...

For Concealed Carry I tell people to get a gun that you can comfortably carry, accurately shoot and can afford.

That's it, ladies and gentlemen...a simple, yet complex answer to a simple, yet complex question. We all have our preferences and our biases. Knowing that, you have to overcome what others do and do what do what works for YOU and your situation.

Let me explain...

Many people have unique circumstances that they must adapt to.
  • You may have different disabilities or restricted physical mobility.
  • You may have to wear specific attire for your job or have to be concerned with "printing" and firearm location on your person.
  • You may have legal restrictions in your area as to what you can or cannot have.
  • Some firearms simply don't "feel right" in your hand or is simply out of your price range.
Because of the above, I recommend people shoot as many different types of firearms as they can before finally settling on the firearm that is right for them. Renting firearms is also an option in many gun shops and you may even be able to place a firearm on lay-a-way. Then, once you decide on purchasing a firearm, I recommend doing as much research on that type of firearm and the caliber as you can before swiping the credit card. It doesn't do you any good to find the perfect firearm for you, only to find out that the firearm has very poor quality or the ammunition is too expensive to practice with.

For a Home Defense Gun I tell people to get a firearm that works best for their home/apartment. Many times this might simply be using the same pistol that they carry on them every day. If that is the case, I recommend that you put a flashlight either on or next to the pistol you are going to be using for Home Defense!

Myths and Misnomers
*Shotguns

Many times I hear that "a shotgun is perfect for home defense." While this may work for those that have all the bedrooms to their house upstairs and plan on pointing their boom stick downstairs- prepared to send a rain of death on any potential predator that attempts to egress on to you and your loved ones- this may not be suitable for those that have to go room searching with their shotty because they heard the window break in their child's room. Doing so, you will immediately notice that your mobility is impaired. Weight, recoil and follow-up shots are very limited with shotguns and since most shotguns have an overall length of 36", the chances of being disarmed by a criminal waiting around a corner or behind a doorway is high. I've also heard that people should keep a round unchambered- that way they can rack the shotgun and scare the badguy away or into complying. While this tactic may work in your favor (avoiding to ever have to actually use deadly force), this is a very poor practice.

Why?
  1. You give up the element of surprise
  2. You are carrying around an expensive club until you chamber a bullet into the firearm
  3. You are occupying both hands and your attention now on multiple actions

*Never Use Reloads, Custom Firearms, Lasers or any other "Scary Looking" Feature in Case you Ever Get into a Shooting

The argument here is that because your firearm will be in an evidence bag shown to a group of anti-gun LibTards, your custom 1911 with skeleton grips will end you up in prison or sued since it looks like you wanted to kill someone.

Look, I'm not going to BS you all with this...no mater what you do, if a trigger happy, anti-gun District Attorney wants to make an example out of you they will.

What can you do?
  • Get a good, knowledgeable and pro-gun defense attorney. You can even get pre-paid legal defense attorneys that will fight for you and your case. If your attorney knows the difference between a pistol and a magazine and is an NRA Life member, I'd say you've got yourself a winner!
  • SHUT YOUR MOUTH. Police are not your friend. As a former MP, realize that everything you say- even out of context- can and will be used against you. Do you know how many rounds you fired? How you felt? What order you did everything and when you did it? Then lawyer up, shut up and refuse to make any statements (written or verbal) without legal counsel present.
  • Delete your FaceBook. Sorry Mom and Dad, but if the media has taught me anything it is that my social media will definitely be cherry picked for entertainment...not for truth.

Will update when I've got more time...

Yeah it always depends on the use and person.

Most people I suggest starting with a revolver. Simple and fool proof.
If someone asks about a carry gun and they have never had a firearm I tell them NO!
My last manager asked me about getting a carry gun (mind you I wouldn't trust him changing a light bulb)
I told him to get training, learn the laws, what you can and cannot do, and then start with a revolver and take a few shooting classes from certified instructors before he ever carries a firearm.

I've had some people from work ask me to take them shooting. Always the same answer:
No.

P.s.
I work with idiots.

• SHUT YOUR MOUTH. Police are not your friend. As a former MP, realize that everything you say- even out of context- can and will be used against you. Do you know how many rounds you fired? How you felt? What order you did everything and when you did it? Then lawyer up, shut up and refuse to make any statements (written or verbal) without legal counsel present.

Most important advice ever.

The gun is the least thing that matters.
If they had any sense they'd already have educated themselves on the ways of the world since the age of five.
I tell 'em to get a revolver and get off my lawn.
lol

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads