JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In the last couple months I have had 4 female family members and a couple of my wifes friends come to me for advice on picking their first gun and a good place to take the CCW course. I have seen them settle on everything from pink LCPs, SP101s, M&P shields and compacts and one liked the feel of a Glock 23 when she shot mine and bought a gen 4. I always am a little erked by the fact that they can really pick anything with most of them having huge purses they can conceal pretty much any gun around. Watching my sister in law stick a M&P 9 full size in her purse and having it change nothing but a little added weight made me try and talk all the others into something not tiny and snappy like the LCP. I like a good revolver as a starting weapon. SP101s are great quality and reasonably priced in my opinion the best pick for a girl is one with a 3 inch barrel. Day before yesterday I fitted and sighted in a crimson trace for one of my inlaws and I get the feeling I will be doing a lot of that after her bragging to sisters and cousins. I like it a lot as I feel a lot better knowing they are safer and can defend themselves.

Purse carry is not a good idea.. too easy to take away from them and too easy for the unintended to access them. If they just have to, make sure it's a gun purse with a cut proof strap and that they wear it crossdraw

I will look into those and let them know. Not many women in my family wear clothes they could carry a holster of any kind as they are mostly of very small stature. A shoulder rig or purse you described is the only thing I can see most of them getting away with.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top