JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Except Hi Point doesn't require you to assemble pieces and bits in the proper order before shooting.. whereas AR15 kits (looking at Sarco, and Delta Team tactical) do... thats what I was referring to. You could take apart a Hi Point and assemble it but its pretty stupid simple and even simpler to mess up... whereas with an AR15 kit... you gotta make sure you're putting things in the right place and right orientation and don't lose that damn detent spring (or 3)! :p
Pfftttttt. There are some who were weaned on M16's that can honestly do it blindfolded.

I don't know why I get so annoyed with how, especially the "tactically minded" young guys, describe things. You know, the guy with a neck beard, tattoos that are often contradictory, low profile hat down over his eyebrows, Oakleys, grey or black polo shirt (vertx, underarmour, proper, 5.11, etc.), 5.11 pants (OD, flat dark poop, or "coyote"), at least 2 mystery items clipped to pockets, and lime green trail running shoes trimmed in royal blue (honorable mention: desert combat boots). They always stand in the "interview stance" and love to "what-if" the crap out of everything. Here's some things they say that bug me and my alternatives:

1: They say: SEND IT!

I say: shoot...in a really boring and mundane way.

2: They say: Primary, Secondary, Tertiary!

I say: first, second, if that schit don't work...

3: They say: Pre-zent your firearm

I say: Point your gun at him.

4: They say: Your workspace!

I say: Anything other than workspace. I bet whoever coined that is SO TACTICAL!

5: They say: Scan and reholster!

I say: Who farted? That's what scan and reholster looks like.

6: They say: Low Powered Variable Optic!

I say: scope. And when people look confused, I remind them it's a word, not an abbreviation or acronym like LPVO.

7: They say: Platform!

I say: gun

8: They say: My Kit!

I say: My schit

9: They say: chassis
I say: Ugliest damn stock I've ever seen.

10: They provide: Unearned 1000-yard stare and cryptic advice about stuff they haven't done, (but you have)....

I say: What a d-bag....

This is just about every firearms instructor (and suck-ups looking to be firearms instructors) I have to suffer through every month at work. Before anyone says "ok, boomer", I'm not even 40. That makes me a millennial! But after 17 years at the job...I've had it. I don't even like going to the range anymore. I go because I have to, and the free ammo. That, and these guys are pretty easy to beat in whatever gun game they choose.

PS: I've never seen a coyote that was the color "coyote". Who makes this crap up?
Cool story, bro !

:D

This thread has been a real crack up! In all my 20 years in the Air Force, Not once did I ever use any of those "Tactical" terms, or Mil-Spec abbreviations, We called it what it was and that was it, it was way easier to keep track of everything that way! The only guys who used those terms were instructors and those in the rear with the gear, and you knew instructors were the guys who had ether "Been there, Done That" or were the 90 day wonder collage boys. Tactical Beards were a strict No-No, you had to have a medical waiver for anything other then a regulation hair cut and a thin and well trimmed mustache, those Squids, Deck Apes, and Snek Eaters who sported those actually Earned them doing real LRP'in in Indian country, and once back on the safe side of the fence, that Sh!t got shaved off! Camo for us was a joke, buzzin around in a big noisy grey whirly bird and then jumping out in OD greens was pure comedy, at least when we got the Sand camo, we were finally "Cool"
Even at JSOC hangin with all the other Kool Special Kids, nomenclature was almost a joke, as every one had a different term is seemed, and when the newer guys showed up with all the latest terms, us old guys would just WTF them to death and knock all that "Smart Talk" out of them, usually after a few range sessions to prove it and un learn them of all that new tacticool nonsense! Two things crack me up, the Wannabe Operators who try too hard to sound Tacticool, and the guys I KNOW were Operators who make fun of it all while playing it cool! The other is the terms civilians try to use for sh!t they have no idea about, it's like their own sorta quazi Mil Language, any time you gotta WTF it, I laugh my azz off!

Except Hi Point doesn't require you to assemble pieces and bits in the proper order before shooting.. whereas AR15 kits (looking at Sarco, and Delta Team tactical) do... thats what I was referring to. You could take apart a Hi Point and assemble it but its pretty stupid simple and even simpler to mess up... whereas with an AR15 kit... you gotta make sure you're putting things in the right place and right orientation and don't lose that damn detent spring (or 3)! :p

I have lost a few detent springs over the years. I had to buy an extra set of detents since I ran out of them. I have carpet in my guest room and they flew away. I heard them hit across the room but could not find them. I found them years later and keep them as spares now. I also bought a pivot pin tool.

https://www.realavid.com/product/ar15-pivot-pin-tool/
I have more than one "lost spring kit" or whatever they call them. It's all of the AR springs/pins/detents that are often lost or bent, including duplicates of the most commonly launched, like the takedown and pivot pin detent springs.

I also have, somewhere in my house, a 1911 end cap patiently waiting for me to find it and toss it into a bin where it will lay again, probably longer than wherever it is now.

Operators.

D4071619-26B3-42AD-A1E0-C9CD39D78BE9.jpeg

My family moved 10 months ago and my wife wondered why I wasn't bringing some of our "furniture". I threw all the Ikea crap in dumpster. If we can afford to spend $400k building a house, we can afford real furniture THAT I DONT HAVE TO PUT TOGETHER!
About 20 yrs ago I made the autonomous decree that l would allow NO particleboard furniture into my house and that l was going to take every piece l could find, every bookcase, nightstand, end table, whatever, and put it in a dumpster.

That dumpster, coincidentally, also happens to be where l got my replacement furniture. Amazing what people throw away...

all of the AR springs/pins/detents that are often lost or bent, including duplicates of the most commonly launched, like the takedown and pivot pin detent springs.
lf l found all the springs, detents, etc that I've launched all over the house, l could start a new build (assembly, whatever). I've been inspired by less.
I could probably find enough ammo under the couch to go and shoot it too.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top