JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I beg to differ. That would be Hi Point firearms. Fugly, functional, useful until you can afford something better.
The one huge difference is HiPoints will last a lifetime, while Ikea stuff needs to be thrown out after ~3 years.
Except Hi Point doesn't require you to assemble pieces and bits in the proper order before shooting.. whereas AR15 kits (looking at Sarco, and Delta Team tactical) do... thats what I was referring to. You could take apart a Hi Point and assemble it but its pretty stupid simple and even simpler to mess up... whereas with an AR15 kit... you gotta make sure you're putting things in the right place and right orientation and don't lose that damn detent spring (or 3)! :p

Except Hi Point doesn't require you to assemble pieces and bits in the proper order before shooting.. whereas AR15 kits (looking at Sarco, and Delta Team tactical) do... thats what I was referring to. You could take apart a Hi Point and assemble it but its pretty stupid simple and even simpler to mess up... whereas with an AR15 kit... you gotta make sure you're putting things in the right place and right orientation and don't lose that damn detent spring (or 3)! :p
You're absolutely right on that. I've picked up a few pieces of Ikea furniture for dirt cheap because somebody assembled it incorrectly.

I have lost a few detent springs over the years. I had to buy an extra set of detents since I ran out of them. I have carpet in my guest room and they flew away. I heard them hit across the room but could not find them. I found them years later and keep them as spares now. I also bought a pivot pin tool.

https://www.realavid.com/product/ar15-pivot-pin-tool/

I have zero tattoos. I kind of want one to honor my late old man, but I can't quite bring myself to do it. I feel like no tattoos is the new tattood.
Only tattoo I ever had was a scar from a 2nd / 3rd degree asphalt burn from dumping my bike on I-84 at 102nd. If I look hard enough, I can still see where it was.

I hung out on my front porch with my neighbor the hunter and tolerated him saying "clip" half a dozen times.

He means magazine, but I don't think it's my place to correct a man's grammar.

He's killed enough animals to stock the San Diego zoo. I reckon he has earned the right to say clip
One of mine as well and feel the same. The other is use of caliber, which is the bullet diameter, when referring to a cartridge. Again, I understand the intent of how the word is used and as soon as I'm perfect I'll start correcting others.

Gen Y became "millennials" and then Gen Z (who I would think are the actual millennials) became Zennials.. and my daugher... she's apparently part of "Gen alpha"

"If it ain't black, it ain't tactical"... something I remember reading in the esrly days of BBoards and Yahoo Groups... back in the 1990s-early 2000s, to be a "coolguy" you gotta have black gear (thanks in no small part to a certain SF team with the word Delta in their name, and thanks to the LA SWAT, SAS, and other anti-terror groups) ...

Anyone remember GG&G accessories?
I don't blame some of the younger cats for adopting some tactical affectations... they grew up with wall-to-wall glamorized operators in and on every media source. I'd rather see them emulating operator culture than gangsta-rap, Hello Kitty, or some vapid Instagram inluencer. At least the pipe hitters and door-kickers are real heroes, not vacuous retards living in a death cult.

My oldest son was 8 yrs old on 9/11/01 and grew up with a pretty steady diet of televised Navy Seals and Rangers from all directions (his old man was a boring old ground-pounder Marine... so uncool).He wears a LOT of FDE and olive drab shirts... even has body armor. I really don't, so it came from somewhere else. Fortunately, he doesn't attempt to talk the talk and is self-aware enough that he takes it in stride when l tease him a little and even pokes fun at himself... he's a good kid, he just likes THAT color stuff. My youngest son asked me yesterday why l hated FDE and called it flat dork earth. I told him l don't hate it, l like it... l just say it cuz it's funny.
He says, "Yeah... me too". And then we giggled at his brother.

I beg to differ. That would be Hi Point firearms. Fugly, functional, useful until you can afford something better.
The one huge difference is HiPoints will last a lifetime, while Ikea stuff needs to be thrown out after ~3 years.
My family moved 10 months ago and my wife wondered why I wasn't bringing some of our "furniture". I threw all the Ikea crap in dumpster. If we can afford to spend $400k building a house, we can afford real furniture THAT I DONT HAVE TO PUT TOGETHER!

My family moved 10 months ago and my wife wondered why I wasn't bringing some of our "furniture". I threw all the Ikea crap in dumpster. If we can afford to spend $400k building a house, we can afford real furniture THAT I DONT HAVE TO PUT TOGETHER!
Oh snap!

My wife will still bring up crap that I threw away in 1999.
Moving from apartment to apartment for another decade after that, and she's still pissed that I wouldn't pack and haul old glass display shelves that we got from a "Mervyn's " remodel.

You're absolutely right on that. I've picked up a few pieces of Ikea furniture for dirt cheap because somebody assembled it incorrectly.
happy-birthday-ikea.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top