JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good thread, @No_Regerts - I still don't know what half the forking acronyms mean.
I'm ignored by the cool kids, and it's reciprocated. I'm too fuddy-duddy.
My favorite is the hunters in their Kuiu, $400 boots and F350s who never get out of the damn truck. You could also extend this thread to the hunter set.

I like my 5.11s but I especially like my hot wife when she wears hers
I especially likke my hot wife when she's not wearing any.

I don't know anyone that says penis but the doctor and the sex ed teacher.
When I was adopting our first kid, spoke with the foster mother and she comments how the boy had a large "pen-is". "What did you say? What is a pen-is?" She replies, "Pen-is, genetalia." me: "Oh, pee-nis. What does that have to do with anything?"

I have zero tattoos. I kind of want one to honor my late old man, but I can't quite bring myself to do it. I feel like no tattoos is the new tattood.
My oldest keeps getting more. One day, she can count her tattoos and piercings, and I'll count my scars. I'll probably win.

but I'm pretty sure that COD had a lot to do with it.
Agreed.

Yes it is - and then after your divorce your daughter wants to leave mom and come and live with DAD is when you really understand the reality of it - like I did!
That would be three of mine.

If for no other reason the aforementioned dooty duty really kills the mood.
You have a low threshold. Gotta go with being the vampire chair...

1632719171251.png

It's way harder to pick people out in the woods wearing that stuff than any of that RealTree crap.
The "mossy oak" pattern seemed to dominate the hunting duds for a long while and I hated that pattern cause I dont hunt next to oak trees in Oregon... I have a Real Tree pattern jacket I like but only cause I got lucky on a large tall size that fits me well... but that old school woodland camo pattern actually worked, nobody sells it anymore... well, in ultralight technical outwerwear shcit like....
Nowadays I can afford what I want and am now one of those old school hunters decked out with new whatever camo pattern new school Kuiu and First Lite clothing like Im sponsored when Im not (Kuiu did give me a free hat...). That means I should fit in with the mellinial tacticool crowd pretty good except I can hit a deer past 100yds without using a LPVO with subtensions.... :p

The "mossy oak" pattern seemed to dominate the hunting duds for a long while and I hated that pattern cause I dont hunt next to oak trees in Oregon... I have a Real Tree pattern jacket I like but only cause I got lucky on a large tall size that fits me well... but that old school woodland camo pattern actually worked, nobody sells it anymore... well, in ultralight technical outwerwear shcit like....
Nowadays I can afford what I want and am now one of those old school hunters decked out with new whatever camo pattern new school Kuiu and First Lite clothing like Im sponsored when Im not (Kuiu did give me a free hat...). That means I should fit in with the mellinial tacticool crowd pretty good except I can hit a deer past 100yds without using a LPVO with subtensions.... :p
Well you want stupid expensive? Crye precision's combat pants in woodland :eek: and its only because of Instagram/Youtube idiots who's busting credit cards for them :(

Edit.

Propper, Tru-Spec, and Rothco all sell standard BDU cut pants in Woodland. Some may give you a choice of which material... like 65% polyester 35% cotton, 100% cotton, 35% nylon 65% cotton, 50/50 twill, and so forth.

I am old school and had the basic set of lego block where they windows and possibly doors only. I did know they had wheel until my younger sister got set back in Xmas of 1970.

I had a huge can of tinker toys with wheels with fan blades and I spent lot of building different contraptions. I used to build windmills and put buy to cold air return to the furnace and they would spin. They did have some samples instructions and I made an amusement park airplane ride of tinker toys. I also built and bunch of cars and even semi-trucks as well. Great fun as a kid.

Last Edited:
This is just about every firearms instructor (and suck-ups looking to be firearms instructors) I have to suffer through every month at work. Before anyone says "ok, boomer", I'm not even 40. That makes me a millennial! But after 17 years at the job...I've had it. I don't even like going to the range anymore. I go because I have to, and the free ammo. That, and these guys are pretty easy to beat in whatever gun game they choose.
Yeah, I'm goin' back to the OP. Who absolutely nailed it. I did more'n 20 years on active duty, then segued into a law enforcement career when I got back from Iraq in '05... Now all I see on the internet is 26 year old dudes making gun videos and acting as though they've seen and done everything. Okay-dokey.

My agency's instructors have gotten younger and even more egotistical, if that's possible. Guys that act like six year enlistments and two tours in the sandbox have rendered them the Jedi-masters of all things gun-related.

I've already puked when I've heard the word "shottie" too many times in one week; calling any Winchester rifle a "WInnie" is pure sacrilege, and referring to one's service pistol as their "forty" or "nine-millie" makes me want to choke someone out...

The long beard thing I don't get at all, that's just a lot of extra maintenance involved and the few chicks of my acquaintance tell me that they don't think it's a good look on any heterosexual male... The guys who buy their black t-shirts with the really short tight sleeves (the better to display the guns) crack me up these days as well....

Last Edited:
Well you want stupid expensive? Crye precision's combat pants in woodland :eek: and its only because of Instagram/Youtube idiots who's busting credit cards for them :(

Edit.

Propper, Tru-Spec, and Rothco all sell standard BDU cut pants in Woodland. Some may give you a choice of which material... like 65% polyester 35% cotton, 100% cotton, 35% nylon 65% cotton, 50/50 twill, and so forth.
Dang. I had to google that and Kuiu's got Crye beat in price by at least 50%. Unlike Millennials with no money, Ive actually got all I need with one pair of pants and will be good for the next 20 years hunting :p . Whats interesting is I like Kuius "Vias" camo pattern is very similar to Woodland, (its not white as it is on the computer screen more like a brown color. )

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top