JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm pretty sure you can find Asian made reproductions of that pattern... especially for the "historical reenactments" and airsofters.. ;)
I dont miss it that much... lol.

way back when just outta high school I used to hunt deer in an army BDU jacket and pants in that pattern I bought at Aloha Surplus. Had no idea what it was called back then.... I was "old school tacticool..." before tacticool was even cool...

way back when just outta high school I used to hunt deer in an army BDU jacket and pants in that pattern I bought at Aloha Surplus. Had no idea what it was called back then.... I was "old school tacticool..." before tacticool was even cool...
Probably the post VN version that collectors called "RDF"? BDU sorta styled pockets, but the old ERDL camo pattern right before Woodland became widespread... doesn't help that there's quite a bunch of commercial hunting/fishing shirts/jackets made in that pattern during the 1970s-1980s..

It's way harder to pick people out in the woods wearing that stuff than any of that RealTree crap.

Probably the post VN version that collectors called "RDF"? BDU sorta styled pockets, but the old ERDL camo pattern right before Woodland became widespread... doesn't help that there's quite a bunch of commercial hunting/fishing shirts/jackets made in that pattern during the 1970s-1980s..
I didnt follow the name that closely, no idea. I always called it Woodland Camo. The Army surplus stuff was heavy and bulky... turns out I think it was made with part cotton... terrible material for the outdoors but was always fond of the camo pattern..... seemed perfect for blacktail/rosevelt hunting.

Don't feel bad. I'm also grouped in with the millennial age demographic as well.
There weren't all that many X's and Ys. Mostly not even enough to vote their own peers into political office. I think that's why we have so many in their 70s still presuming to be Pres or run Congress. And the youths making it into political offices seem to be mostly Millenials. I think we need an upper age limit for President. After 70 most peoples health can become unreliable. A senior or mentally incompetent POTUS is a threat to the country. Reagan went into Alzheimer's decline shortly after leaving the Presidency, and its likely it was affecting him by his second term. Many seriously doubt whether Biden is cognitively competent enough to be POTUS. And wonder who is actually running the country. I think about 64 to 66 should be the upper age at which someone can run for POTUS.

I don't know why I get so annoyed with how, especially the "tactically minded" young guys, describe things. You know, the guy with a neck beard, tattoos that are often contradictory, low profile hat down over his eyebrows, Oakleys, grey or black polo shirt (vertx, underarmour, proper, 5.11, etc.), 5.11 pants (OD, flat dark poop, or "coyote"), at least 2 mystery items clipped to pockets, and lime green trail running shoes trimmed in royal blue (honorable mention: desert combat boots). They always stand in the "interview stance" and love to "what-if" the crap out of everything.
I think you've just described me (almost) to a T... :oops:
Neck beard - Nope! I always wear a beard, grey as it is, but I shaved this day...
Low profile hat - Check!
Down over eyebrows - Nope!
Grey shirt - Check!
5.11 pants - Nope! (although truth be told, they're TruSpec pants, so might as well count as a "Check!") :s0140:
OD -check!
Mystery items -Check! Can't see 'em? That's why they're called "mystery items"! :s0140:
Honorable Mention - Desert combat boots - Check!
Interview stance - IDK, is that what I'm doing there? o_O
Super-dooper Honorable Mention - dog tags in boot laces! :s0140::s0140::s0140:

Sobo_RMSF.JPG

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews