JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
LPVO (4 syllables). Scope (1 syllable). Leave it to people to make a simplification more difficult to say than the actual words.
It's the military. Making simple $hit hard. And then the outsiders adopt it cause it's "cool."

I got pics of what happens when a kid gets ahold of too much food coloring on Easter...
apocalypse-now-marlon-brando.gif

I told her to wait until the next diaper change to see.. and... nothing. Normal for a baby poo... no more red. No signs of pain or internal bleeding from what I could tell... helps that my own mother was a former RN who taught CNA classes.

I don't know why I get so annoyed with how, especially the "tactically minded" young guys, describe things. You know, the guy with a neck beard, tattoos that are often contradictory, low profile hat down over his eyebrows, Oakleys, grey or black polo shirt (vertx, underarmour, proper, 5.11, etc.), 5.11 pants (OD, flat dark poop, or "coyote"), at least 2 mystery items clipped to pockets, and lime green trail running shoes trimmed in royal blue (honorable mention: desert combat boots). They always stand in the "interview stance" and love to "what-if" the crap out of everything. Here's some things they say that bug me and my alternatives:

1: They say: SEND IT!

I say: shoot...in a really boring and mundane way.

2: They say: Primary, Secondary, Tertiary!

I say: first, second, if that schit don't work...

3: They say: Pre-zent your firearm

I say: Point your gun at him.

4: They say: Your workspace!

I say: Anything other than workspace. I bet whoever coined that is SO TACTICAL!

5: They say: Scan and reholster!

I say: Who farted? That's what scan and reholster looks like.

6: They say: Low Powered Variable Optic!

I say: scope. And when people look confused, I remind them it's a word, not an abbreviation or acronym like LPVO.

7: They say: Platform!

I say: gun

8: They say: My Kit!

I say: My schit

9: They say: chassis
I say: Ugliest damn stock I've ever seen.

10: They provide: Unearned 1000-yard stare and cryptic advice about stuff they haven't done, (but you have)....

I say: What a d-bag....

This is just about every firearms instructor (and suck-ups looking to be firearms instructors) I have to suffer through every month at work. Before anyone says "ok, boomer", I'm not even 40. That makes me a millennial! But after 17 years at the job...I've had it. I don't even like going to the range anymore. I go because I have to, and the free ammo. That, and these guys are pretty easy to beat in whatever gun game they choose.

PS: I've never seen a coyote that was the color "coyote". Who makes this crap up?
Bro! Do you even operate!? :D

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads