JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Where did generation Y go? Went from Gen X to idiocy with no middle ground! And I'm BARELY a millennial. If my mom woulda had me a couple years sooner...
Don't feel bad. I'm also grouped in with the millennial age demographic as well.

CF2D7710-1E68-4A94-911B-66044BF97D3F.jpeg

Where did generation Y go? Went from Gen X to idiocy with no middle ground! And I'm BARELY a millennial. If my mom woulda had me a couple years sooner...
I think Gen Y started identifying as Gen Z and everything got mixed up now nothing matters anymore.... lol

Some if the deadliest people I know hunt in jeans and a flannel, have no idea what any cartridge that isn't a belted magnum looks like, certainly don't know the difference between a clip and a magazine and likely don't know what any Glock model is. It's just a Glock. But dang can they shoot and hunt.

I'm not anal about what people call things as long as everyone understands what they mean.
But what about things that not everyone understands?

I keep up on most things modern but sometimes I see abbreviations & acronyms used on this forum I have never seen and have to look up.

Most turn out to be something I simply didn't know due to lack of experience but some are pretty cryptic.

I don't know why I get so annoyed with how, especially the "tactically minded" young guys, describe things. You know, the guy with a neck beard, tattoos that are often contradictory, low profile hat down over his eyebrows, Oakleys, grey or black polo shirt (vertx, underarmour, proper, 5.11, etc.), 5.11 pants (OD, flat dark poop, or "coyote"), at least 2 mystery items clipped to pockets, and lime green trail running shoes trimmed in royal blue (honorable mention: desert combat boots). They always stand in the "interview stance" and love to "what-if" the crap out of everything. Here's some things they say that bug me and my alternatives:

1: They say: SEND IT!

I say: shoot...in a really boring and mundane way.

2: They say: Primary, Secondary, Tertiary!

I say: first, second, if that schit don't work...

3: They say: Pre-zent your firearm

I say: Point your gun at him.

4: They say: Your workspace!

I say: Anything other than workspace. I bet whoever coined that is SO TACTICAL!

5: They say: Scan and reholster!

I say: Who farted? That's what scan and reholster looks like.

6: They say: Low Powered Variable Optic!

I say: scope. And when people look confused, I remind them it's a word, not an abbreviation or acronym like LPVO.

7: They say: Platform!

I say: gun

8: They say: My Kit!

I say: My schit

9: They say: chassis
I say: Ugliest damn stock I've ever seen.

10: They provide: Unearned 1000-yard stare and cryptic advice about stuff they haven't done, (but you have)....

I say: What a d-bag....

This is just about every firearms instructor (and suck-ups looking to be firearms instructors) I have to suffer through every month at work. Before anyone says "ok, boomer", I'm not even 40. That makes me a millennial! But after 17 years at the job...I've had it. I don't even like going to the range anymore. I go because I have to, and the free ammo. That, and these guys are pretty easy to beat in whatever gun game they choose.

PS: I've never seen a coyote that was the color "coyote". Who makes this crap up?

And don't forget the super exaggerated C grip.

I agree with most of this,although I have to admit, I am double guilty of being an Oakley doosh. PXL_20210927_025829656.jpg

The entire "tacticool" thing is almost entirely lost on me. Don't get it, don't care, do 99% of shooting on private land I own at this point, so is a non-issue with that set. (Not sure about a generational thing; there is, after all, one between Boomers and Millennials that find both utterly insufferable. Kidding ... kind of. :p)

And don't forget the super exaggerated C grip.

I agree with most of this,although I have to admit, I am double guilty of being an Oakley doosh.View attachment 1039728
Good ol' Chris Costa. Haha. I'm covered in tattoos but I can't grow a beard to save my life. Maybe that's why I miss my targets…. I also wear oakleys. So there's that. Haha.

6: They say: Low Powered Variable Optic!

I say: scope. And when people look confused, I remind them it's a word, not an abbreviation or acronym like LPVO.
funny story. I recently bought a LPVO. I knew what I wanted in a power range but when I started shopping thought it odd I was having a hard time finding options. After some googling I learned what LPVO was and bam all kinds of options popped up.
I had already made a purchase though, luckily I still agree with it. But to me its just a low powered scope. FWIW I hated the tacticool reticle. It looks like an F16 cockpit heads up display that takes up all that viewport realestate, but very few options in traditional crosshairs. I know what MPBR zero means and its all thats needed.

Oh and here is my favorite. "I built an Ar15" or "My Build" you didn't build it you assembled it. Oh and just because you assembled "built" does not make you a gunsmith.

Good ol' Chris Costa. Haha. I'm covered in tattoos but I can't grow a beard to save my life. Maybe that's why I miss my targets…. I also wear oakleys. So there's that. Haha.
I have zero tattoos. I kind of want one to honor my late old man, but I can't quite bring myself to do it. I feel like no tattoos is the new tattood.

Its one of the reasons I have moved away from "modern" gun designs and reverted back to stuff like 1911s, Hi-Powers, and P22X series Sigs. Exposed hammers and all. It makes the aforementioned's twitch.
Im old school Gen X and use a 1911. If the market started making SAO hammer fired pistols again Id consider something a bit more tacticool plastic fantastic.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top