JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
s06otlec0soa1.jpg

I've heard some in the younger crowd complain that he "reeks of Fudd", but those who aren't clueless know who Col. Cooper was, and what he contributed to the firearms community.

B47EC881-EB76-4C65-9DFE-A7922AF132AB.jpeg

I've heard some in the younger crowd complain that he "reeks of Fudd", but those who aren't clueless know who Col. Cooper was, and what he contributed to the firearms community.
So true. A few years ago one of the modern "guntubers" who typically shows disdain for Gunsite talked about a "new" revelation. Someone from Gunsite replied that yes, that works...and it's why we have been teaching it for 40 years. I never tire of the Colonel's quotes, thanks for posting!

Interesting. When I hear "Fudd", I think more of Jim Zumbo (and I still like Jim Zumbo), not Col. Cooper. I think of him as more self defense/tactics. Don't recall even seeing photos of him hunting. Full disclosure: I'm far from the "younger crowd".

Interesting. When I hear "Fudd", I think more of Jim Zumbo (and I still like Jim Zumbo), not Col. Cooper. I think of him as more self defense/tactics. Don't recall even seeing photos of him hunting. Full disclosure: I'm far from the "younger crowd".
It was a baffling discovery for me too, to be honest. I think some people just assume "old timer" = "Fudd", which to me is pretty sad. But, it's part of the general disrespect of elders that runs rampant these days ("ok boomer" etc.)

Regarding Cooper...
I think of him as more self defense/tactics. Don't recall even seeing photos of him hunting.
He, of course, is much more known for self-defense topics and the Modern Technique than hunting but he was a hunter. His books discuss many of his trips with over 100 pages in "To Ride, Shoot Straight and Speak the Truth," dedicated to hunting. We have some dining table trivets from Rhodesia that belonged to Cooper, purchased at auction, benefiting the Jeff Cooper Legacy Foundation. The Scout Rifle concept has hunting applications as well. But you are correct, many do not know about his adventures in the field.

In keeping with the thread subject...
CooperMusician.jpg

Regarding Cooper...

He, of course, is much more known for self-defense topics and the Modern Technique than hunting but he was a hunter. His books discuss many of his trips with over 100 pages in "To Ride, Shoot Straight and Speak the Truth," dedicated to hunting. We have some dining table trivets from Rhodesia that belonged to Cooper, purchased at auction, benefiting the Jeff Cooper Legacy Foundation. The Scout Rifle concept has hunting applications as well. But you are correct, many do not know about his adventures in the field.

In keeping with the thread subject...
View attachment 1388229
I'm stealing that quote. As a musician it resonates well with me.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top