JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was always jealous of people like you. I have spent a lot of money on 1911s trying to find one that I could take out to the range and not have a malfunction. Maybe I am not patient enough. I love the 1911 (ergonomics, grip angle, accuracy, and of course the sexy look). I wanna get a triarc systems tri-11 I just don't have the cash right now. They are by far my favorite looking handgun.
Same here on Tri 11.

The machining is pretty rough, the finish and grip are bubblegum and the sights are welded on, but hey, $450. :)

And seriously, couple thousand rounds and no hiccups.
Cheapest 1911 I bought was 900.... some Springfield when I was 18 and I have spent over 2x that on kimbers, Sigs, etc with the same result. Luckily I recouped most my money.

1614311346869.png

The machining is pretty rough, the finish and grip are bubblegum and the sights are welded on, but hey, $450. :)

And seriously, couple thousand rounds and no hiccups.
The 1911 gets beat up a LOT. I have long said that even though I love them above all others it's not a "logical" thing with me, there are far better designs. When manufacturing "tech" got real good it got real easy to make them that just work. Used to be a lot of work hand fitting stuff to make sure one would work and be accurate. This used to be the big trade off. Making one tight enough to repeat well and still feed all the time. Not any more. Some still get a "problem" child now and then when buying a new one. This happens with both the very "high end" and the very "low end" models. The one constant is almost all of both ends just work and the ones that do not is normally a very easy fix. The "frustration" often comes from someone trying to diagnose and or fix one who does not really know what they are doing and just waste's time and money working on the wrong thing. I have never like Glock, do not own one but, always say if I had to run into a shop and grab a gun to "use", could not test first, I would head for the Glock's. Damn good odds the one I pick up will just work. ;)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top