JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just got this from one of my dad's full auto buddies (VERY reputable guy):

Dear Friends,

I just received the following report from a firearm industry insider. It is about the current status us US firearm and ammunition manufacturers. His report is not encouraging for anyone who has waited until now to buy guns or ammo.

Captain *****
The Insider's Report.

Smith & Wesson-is running at Full capacity making 300+ guns per day. They are unable to produce any more guns to help with the shortages.

RUGER: Plans to increase capacity from 75% to 100% in the next 90 days.

FNH: Moving from 50% production to 75% by Feb 1st and 100% by March 1.

Remington: Maxed out.

Armalite: Maxed out.

DPMS: Can't get enough parts to produce any more product.

COLT: Production runs increasing weekly. They are bottle necked by a shortage of bolt carriers.

LWRC: Making only black guns, running at full capacity. They can't get enough gun quality steel to make barrels.

Springfield Armory: Only company who can meet demand but are running 30-45 days behind.

AMMO: Every caliber is now allocated. We are looking at a nation wide shortage of all calibers over the next 9 months. All plants are producing as much ammo as possible. One billion rounds are produced weekly. Only a small part is available to civilians though. First in line for all ammo is the US military, followed by law enforcement. Civilians are third in line.

MAGPUL is behind 1 MILLION mags. Do not expect any large quantities of magpul mags anytime soon.

RELOADERS... All Remington, Winchester, CCI & Federal primers are going to the ammo manufacturers. None is allocated for civilian reloading purposes. Primer sales to civilians are not expected to resume for six to nine months.
GUN STORE SALES: Its not just the AR-15s, the AK-pattern rifles, the M1As, and the FALs that are sold out. World War era M1 Garands, M1 carbines and Enfield .303s are gone, along with every last cartridge for them. Its not just the semi autos that have disappeared from the shelves either. The bolt action center fire rifles are gone too. World War One and Two Russian Mosin-Nagants, of which every gun store always seemed to have 10-20 of, are gone. So is their ammo. Only a dust free space marks their passing.

Every weapon of military utility designed within the past 100+ years is gone. This isn’t a society stocking up on certain guns because they fear they may be banned. This is a society preparing for war.

Barack Obama, Dianne Feinstein and the rest of the Elite Statists have done more to promote gun ownership than the NRA ever did. Well done, Liberal Democrats!

Just got this from one of my dad's full auto buddies (VERY reputable guy):

Dear Friends,

I just received the following report from a firearm industry insider. It is about the current status us US firearm and ammunition manufacturers. His report is not encouraging for anyone who has waited until now to buy guns or ammo.

Captain *****
The Insider's Report.

Smith & Wesson-is running at Full capacity making 300+ guns per day. They are unable to produce any more guns to help with the shortages.

RUGER: Plans to increase capacity from 75% to 100% in the next 90 days.

FNH: Moving from 50% production to 75% by Feb 1st and 100% by March 1.

Remington: Maxed out.

Armalite: Maxed out.

DPMS: Can't get enough parts to produce any more product.

COLT: Production runs increasing weekly. They are bottle necked by a shortage of bolt carriers.

LWRC: Making only black guns, running at full capacity. They can't get enough gun quality steel to make barrels.

Springfield Armory: Only company who can meet demand but are running 30-45 days behind.

AMMO: Every caliber is now allocated. We are looking at a nation wide shortage of all calibers over the next 9 months. All plants are producing as much ammo as possible. One billion rounds are produced weekly. Only a small part is available to civilians though. First in line for all ammo is the US military, followed by law enforcement. Civilians are third in line.

MAGPUL is behind 1 MILLION mags. Do not expect any large quantities of magpul mags anytime soon.

RELOADERS... All Remington, Winchester, CCI & Federal primers are going to the ammo manufacturers. None is allocated for civilian reloading purposes. Primer sales to civilians are not expected to resume for six to nine months.
GUN STORE SALES: Its not just the AR-15s, the AK-pattern rifles, the M1As, and the FALs that are sold out. World War era M1 Garands, M1 carbines and Enfield .303s are gone, along with every last cartridge for them. Its not just the semi autos that have disappeared from the shelves either. The bolt action center fire rifles are gone too. World War One and Two Russian Mosin-Nagants, of which every gun store always seemed to have 10-20 of, are gone. So is their ammo. Only a dust free space marks their passing.

Every weapon of military utility designed within the past 100+ years is gone. This isn’t a society stocking up on certain guns because they fear they may be banned. This is a society preparing for war.

Barack Obama, Dianne Feinstein and the rest of the Elite Statists have done more to promote gun ownership than the NRA ever did. Well done, Liberal Democrats!

I am thinking that ammo will be "imported" because the foreign manufactures will see a market here. That is what happened back in 2008 (I think).

Anybody else have an opinion on the above. Let's hope that nothing comes to blows and the economy and politic stablize.

In my experience, anything on the internet that starts with "got this from a buddy who's a very reputable guy" is usually full of made-up statistics. Not that anyone is lying or deliberately deceiving. I know a lot of very reputable people who hit that "FWD" button without vetting the information.

Though some of this may be true, and the idea is very much true, I doubt that any of the factual information in it has any basis in reality.

BULL CRAP

the government uses about 1-2 Billion rounds of small arms ammo a year depending on whats going on in the sand box.

The US public uses/buys about 10-12 billion rounds a year.

And this "insider report" says that 52 Billion rounds is not enough.

In reality the WORLD produces about 14 Billion rounds of small arms ammo in a year. Why do you think 30 year old Surplus crap is being sold all the time.

And Why would Ruger be at 75% of manufactring capacity. When only a couple months ago they stopped accepting orders (actually for real) because they were so far behind. Again the "insider report" is a crock of Bull

STOP REPOSTING THIS SILLY CRAP IT DOES NO ONE ANY GOOD.

Dang. My master plan to sell primers for $1000 per 100 is busted by crabby people that apparently are forced at threat of life to read every post in _their_ forum. Sorry for living. Guess I'll go check out some Japanese knife forums and see if I can find a wakizashi to commit seppuku with.

Dang. My master plan to sell primers for $1000 per 100 is busted by crabby people that apparently are forced at threat of life to read every post in _their_ forum. Sorry for living. Guess I'll go check out some Japanese knife forums and see if I can find a wakizashi to commit seppuku with.

Maybe people have a problem with posts which do nothing more then feed the panic? It's bad information or misinformation someone has fed you, and then you are feeding it to someone else. Your information after all is from a "trusted industry insider." I don't know how trusted he'd be or how "inside" he is when much of what he says can be disproved with a phone call or an internet search.

I think this is the same story forwarded by the Chinese communists. I heard it from a friend who's uncle heard it from the bartender down at Hanks who said that "SumGui" told him about it.

Be sure to cite your sources.....

Sure, make me go look it up: <broken link removed>

It wasn’t just the AR-15s, the AK-pattern rifles, the M1As, and the FALs that were sold out. It really hit me when I realized that the World War-era M1 Garands , M1 carbines, and Enfield .303s were gone, along with every last shell. Ubiquitous Mosin-Nagants—of which every gun store always seems to have 10-20—were gone. So was their ammo. Only a dust free space marked their passing. I’ve never seen anything like it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top