JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My wife and I were in St Helens earlier today. We stopped to grab a pizza when a sign at the neighboring business caught my eye. This was at MyTech Wireless in St Helens

sign.jpg

I lived out in Warren (not really a town, just a spot in the road between Scappoose and St. Helens) for three years. Columbia County is about as gun friendly as it gets. Except it's turning into a bedroom community for people from Portland who want to build big houses there but don't understand what living in a rural community is all about. My favorite example was the letter in the paper from the newly arrived Portland people in town who were complaining about all the coyotes and skunks and raccoons and 'possums running all over the city and wondering why the County wasn't doing something about it. True story. Also, the far end of Skyline runs on out into Columbia County and had become the new walking route of the well-dressed desperate housewives type I'd see on their power walks every morning as I was heading over the ridge to go to work in Hillsboro. I stopped two of them one morning, strictly as a courtesy, to inform them that the good-sized black bear I'd just seen sitting in the middle of the road just around the corner where they were headed probably thought it was his walking route, too. While I was doing that, another local in his truck stopped and asked what was going on. I told him and he said, "Yeah, there's two bears out here. But it's that danged cougar I keep hearing that really scares the heck out of me." The ladies turned around.

That's cool. Wonder if they allow you to OC?

Since the sign specifically addresses concealed carry, my first guess would be no, but it's possible that it hadn't occurred to them, or that they bought or printed the sign, but didn't write it.

OTOH, there is no sign forbidding OC... ;) And it's not the big city, so probably NBD now that I think of it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top