JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The trap shooter looked like it was his kid throwing the clays - and took a bunch of bird shot to the face. Most of those were not funny, they were damn right aggravating and sad. Lot of stupidity and some piss poor stewardship by the gun owners taking the noobs out.

The first 3" I shot I lost the fore end and I was gripping it as tight as possible but I did not have my hand inside the strap. The second time I shot with my hand inside the strap and I had better control over it. I shot a couple more after that. I've shot worse, but I can see how someone would lose control over it, especially if they did not have the grip strength to hang onto it. I am not slight of build, but I don't have the grip strength I used to have when I was younger.
I don't believe I will be trying any more 3 inchers out of mine. I have shotguns and an SBS for that.

Mine are for home protection, so 3" magnum it is
.72 inch supersonic minislug is plenty for me. It is plenty for my home protection along with some buck alternating in there. Slugs, buck,slug, buck. I live in town and the feasible distances are less than 20 feet, practically. I think a slug at that range out of a mini packs enough punch. And I can follow up quick, unlike the 3 inch magnum slug.

I, though fairly young have autoimmune disease killing off my peripheral nerves in my feet. For small nerves in the lower leg, I have a little less than 1.5% of normal. Yes, a little over 98.5% of the small nerves for the sensory system are dead and relay pain continuously with occasional spikes that feel like wiring a house live, only magnified. I would prefer to get a setup I can continue to use. At this point nerves in my hands are barely effected. I have 70% odds that will continue and about 30% chance of nerve death in my hands sensory nerves. I am also a little worried about nerve compression for it seems my nerves are now stupid easy to compress and cause loss of feeling which I do not want in a life or death scenario.

.72 inch supersonic minislug is plenty for me. It is plenty for my home protection along with some buck alternating in there. Slugs, buck,slug, buck. I live in town and the feasible distances are less than 20 feet, practically. I think a slug at that range out of a mini packs enough punch. And I can follow up quick, unlike the 3 inch magnum slug.

I, though fairly young have autoimmune disease killing off my peripheral nerves in my feet. For small nerves in the lower leg, I have a little less than 1.5% of normal. Yes, a little over 98.5% of the small nerves for the sensory system are dead and relay pain continuously with occasional spikes that feel like wiring a house live, only magnified. I would prefer to get a setup I can continue to use. At this point nerves in my hands are barely effected. I have 70% odds that will continue and about 30% chance of nerve death in my hands sensory nerves. I am also a little worried about nerve compression for it seems my nerves are now stupid easy to compress and cause loss of feeling which I do not want in a life or death scenario.
So sorry to hear this. Chronic pain is a bear to deal with in so many ways.

The shorty shotguns can be a handful. I'd never fire a 3" shell in my Super Shorty; shooting the the shorter length shells is a "religious experience" enough.

When I lived in Ketchikan, there was a firearm museum out by Totem Bight park and they had a 100 caliber rifle. The curator said it causes death and destruction one direction and serious bodily harm the other.... It looked like it.

I live in a forest, with about 100 yards between me and my neighbors north and south of me. Nobody to the west, and a private road to the east with one neighbor across the road. I may someday have to deal with a cougar or bear when I go outside to check why the motion sensor lights came on, so I wanted something that has more chance of getting stopped by a tree and has less lethal range, while still being lethal up close. Buckshot is it.

That said, I think twice about going outside after dark after seeing the huge porcupine that is making the rounds of the neighborhood - it is the size of a medium sized dog!

I, though fairly young have autoimmune disease killing off my peripheral nerves in my feet. For small nerves in the lower leg, I have a little less than 1.5% of normal. Yes, a little over 98.5% of the small nerves for the sensory system are dead and relay pain continuously with occasional spikes that feel like wiring a house live, only magnified. I would prefer to get a setup I can continue to use. At this point nerves in my hands are barely effected.

I have similar symptoms from a back/neck injury when I was young and it is very annoying to have sharp pains in my feet and legs that feel like someone is stabbing my feet and legs with needles. Often my whole side aches, head to toe - especially when I wind up sleeping on my right side. I am right handed so I am very slowly losing grip strength on my right side. I have a family member who also has an autoimmune disease - it causes tremors and worse muscle problems than I have, among other issues - incurable.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top